Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2015 12:19:22 AM EDT
Hello, I've been searching around the net regarding whether it's legal to ship a sub-compact barrel to California (a 3.26" HK P2000 SK barrel, not threaded or modified). I'm unfamiliar with California's regulations except that they restrict quite a lot.

The winner of my auction resides in California- without giving away personal info- Ventura County which seems to be a part of Los Angeles.

As I understand, since its just a barrel its only a pistol part, and not illegal to ship to his/her home. I'm not sure if the size of the barrel or model of pistol it was designed for makes any difference.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  

Aaron
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 12:49:32 AM EDT
[#1]
You're good to go. The only restricted part is the frame(where the serial numbers are engraved) which is considered the "firearm". .
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 3:49:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks a lot guys, it's reassuring to get a Californians opinion.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Unlike the anti-California hype, our laws are not as restrictive as many would have you believe.  It's bad but not THAT bad.

Thank you for selling to Californians.  There are many who will not help and sell to their fellow firearms enthusiasts in California in some (misguided) attempt to make a political statement.  In the end, they just help the anti-gunners by self-restricting the sale of the hardware and supplies we need.  

Ventura County abuts Los Angeles County to the north west.  Ventura County is a beautiful place.  It still retains a lot of what made southern California great - citrus groves, nice beaches, mountains, a decent mix of industry and homes.  Los Angeles and Orange Counties have lost almost all of that.  The seemingly endless orange groves, with the pervasive scent of citrus, for which Orange County was named are gone - completely paved over with tract homes..  Ventura County contains places like the Pt Mugu Naval Air Station, Port Hueneme and is the home of the City of Ventura, the southern entrance to the world famous Hwy 1, Pacific Coast Highway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top