Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2015 7:43:12 PM EDT
I've read that Mountain House is running out of water in a few days.  What's really going on here?

http://www.recordnet.com/article/20150615/NEWS/150619752

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Management by crisis, as opposed to crisis management, is what's going on.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Apparently the state shut down the well that supplies the city and it's their only one.  They are working on a work around and I'm sure they will come up with something.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I never heard of that city before so I looked it up on Google maps and it's smack dab in the middle of the Sacramento–San Joaquin River Delta region. I bet that little smelt has something to do with their water problems.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#4]
The way I read it, is that their primary supplier has been cut way back, and so they can't deliver.  So the .gov didn't directly cut off the city, indirectly they did.  Apparently their supplier is down on the water rights list to the point they are going to probably go out of business.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:32:32 AM EDT
[#5]
That "town" was only 1/4 built. My brother lost his ass on a house out there.  Walked from it when it dropped to 1/4 original price.  Anyway the  school, stores, roads, were never finished because the money dried up and the market crashed.  Now its pretty empty and people have to drive 20 minutes north to Discovery Bay, or South to Tracy for food, gas etc.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Ever wonder why in the almost 500 years of known California history nobody built a town in that area (until now)?

Hint:

There is no fucking water there.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ever wonder why in the almost 500 years of known California history nobody built a town in that area (until now)?

Hint:

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 11:19:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hint:

View Quote

Well there is water near by in the floor bay.  Hell some rich developers had to build islands to make discovery bay, but they were smart enough to make it on the delta near by.  Mountain house was just doomed once the houses didn't sell fast enough for the developers to keep the project going.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That "town" was only 1/4 built. My brother lost his ass on a house out there.  Walked from it when it dropped to 1/4 original price.  Anyway the  school, stores, roads, were never finished because the money dried up and the market crashed.  Now its pretty empty and people have to drive 20 minutes north to Discovery Bay, or South to Tracy for food, gas etc.
View Quote
You don't know what you talking about, First there are no stores in DB You mean Brentwood?Nobody is driving to Brentwood to shop when Tracy is next door, a Winco, Walmart, Target , Safeway, Savemart are a whopping 2 miles away and Livermore is 15 miles west. 2nd this isn't 2008, the housing market has recovered.

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 12:42:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Huh guess all that beer I used to buy at the safeway on 4 in disco bay was imaginary.  The difference in mileage between disco bay and tracy from where my brothers house was, is maybe 2 miles different at most.

And sorry that was supposed to read 10 minutes not 20.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Huh guess all that beer I used to buy at the safeway on 4 in disco bay was imaginary.  The difference in mileage between disco bay and tracy from where my brothers house was, is maybe 2 miles different at most.

And sorry that was supposed to read 10 minutes not 20.
View Quote

No way you can drive to DB from MH in 10 mins

Look at a Map Discovery Bay is 15 Miles away on Byron Hwy a 2 lane country rd, Costco, Walmart, Winco, Target are 5 minutes away in Tracy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top