Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2015 5:50:39 PM EDT
Posted this in GD but figured I should post it here as well. Also looks like they are now going to allow Harris to intervene. More of the 9th doing whatever the hell they like. http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2015/03/26/10-56971ebo.pdf
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:20:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah.  I admit, I was hopeful for awhile...but reality had to come crashing in at some time.  It was a nice dream.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#2]
It aint over yet, not by a long shot.
Which ever way they rule, this is prolly going to the Supremes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#3]
If we win the En Banc, I don't think they can appeal to SCOTUS.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully, SCOTUS has been pretty clear in the last few years about allowing carry.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Hopeful, but not holding my breath. If we win, is that the last nail in the coffin for the good cause argument? Or can they appeal?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the way it works, simply put, is if they get two decisions in a row that agree, it is over.  So, if the en banc panel upholds the decision made by the three, it is settled.  If they over-turn the decision, there may be an appeal to a higher court (but you have to have a basis for the appeal).
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the way it works, simply put, is if they get two decisions in a row that agree, it is over.  So, if the en banc panel upholds the decision made by the three, it is settled.  If they over-turn the decision, there may be an appeal to a higher court (but you have to have a basis for the appeal).
View Quote

In this case, it should work that way.  If the En Banc upholds, SCOTUS could decide to not accept.  That would kill it in our favor.  If the En Banc  kills it, our side still has the right to appeal (and SCOTUS could decide to not hear, killing it in their favor) or they could decide to hear it in order to clarify Heller and other rulings.,, since there is currently a disagreement on the issue between Circuits.  If, we have to go to SCOTUS and we win, then all the Circuits have to follow it, and that will make it a lot easier for others to fight and win.  I wouldn't expect New York or some other states to follow along without fighting.  Illinois has gone the shall issue route although it still has some bumps in the road.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top