Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2015 10:03:28 PM EDT
Ruling if anyone is interested in reading it.

http://ia801400.us.archive.org/30/items/gov.uscourts.caed.191444/gov.uscourts.caed.191444.94.0.pdf

On to the 9th circuit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't believe this isn't in GD yet,

I just can't fathom the mental gymnastics these judges go through when making these decision
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]
So whose pocket does this judge sit in, and how much did this ruling cost...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this the microstamping decision?

Something that caught my attention -

"The court notes that in their proposed supplemental brief plaintiffs assert that the number of listed handguns declined ten percent between October 2013 and January 2014 and that “the number . . . will continue its steep decline.  Absent relief from the microstamping requirement semiautomatic handguns will all but disappear from the California consumer market in due course.”

WTF???  In Los Angeles County, there is no concealed carry option offered - NONE!

"California, however, has “express[ed] a preference for” handguns it deems safe, just as it has for “concealed rather than open carry” of arms."

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:53:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow. I just don't have the words anymore.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:06:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Stevie Wonder saw this coming
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:32:22 AM EDT
[#7]
The pro-gun advocates lost the decision on the unsafe handgun roster because the 2nd Amendment is about behavior ("the right to keep and bear") , not the product.  The Court supported the State's right to ensure that handguns are a safe product.

The Court accepted as fact the assertion that firearms were the leading cause of death in 10 to 17 year olds.  Somehow, that does not define an unsafe product to me.  That defines a lack of secure storage to keep guns out of the untrained, unsupervised hands of 10 to 17 year olds.

It seems to me, these arguments were not rebutted.  No wonder they lost.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Stevie, what will be the decision on the microstamping case?

Was this the microstamping case?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, microstamping got rolled into the UHA lawsuit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

This decision took 5.5 years, I think it's safe to say we expected more than Heller only protects the class that is "handguns" and you can still buy some so deal with it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://ia801400.us.archive.org/30/items/gov.uscourts.caed.191444/gov.uscourts.caed.191444.94.0.pdf

On to the 9th circuit.
View Quote

Horseshit.

It's a good thing the state is telling me what handguns I can and cannot buy. If I got the wrong one, it could very well lead me on a violent rampage. Why did I decide to live here again?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Horseshit.

It's a good thing the state is telling me what handguns I can and cannot buy. If I got the wrong one, it could very well lead me on a violent rampage. Why did I decide to live here again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On to the 9th circuit.

Horseshit.

The chick's are hot.
...And if they voted for the idiots in power then they're dumb as toast too!

Easy pick'ns
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The chick's are hot.

Easy pick'ns
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On to the 9th circuit.

Horseshit.

The chick's are hot.

Easy pick'ns

You... I like you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:45:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Dude, what the fuck? That's some shit
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#16]
i'm waiting for that list to dwindle down to Zero.... well actually those fucktards at Amerax or what ever the fuck they call themselves will have that Useless .22. so the list will be down to 1. Kommunist Kalifornia WTWTF
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
i'm waiting for that list to dwindle down to Zero.... well actually those fucktards at Amerax or what ever the fuck they call themselves will have that Useless .22. so the list will be down to 1. Kommunist Kalifornia WTWTF
View Quote

Well when it dwindles down close to zero it will make things easier to argue in court, if we live that long.  I just glanced at the decision, was it based solely on safety, then it should be attackable on the micro-stamping grounds.  Micro-stamping (and to be frank almost all of the "safety" requirements) don't make much or any difference to safety.  The 9th seems to have been drifting over more towards our side of things lately, maybe they'll keep that up.  Maybe the court will ask them why the finish makes a safety difference, etc.  ehh, we can hope.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#18]
The judges opinion on the case just shows she has shit for brains.

Either way this ruling went, it was going to get appealed by one side or the other.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Either way this ruling went, it was going to get appealed by one side or the other.

View Quote

This right here.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

The more I look at her decision, the more I think the only way it could take 5.5 years is because she new it would go up the chain and has a good chance of going our way so she stalled as long as she could.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#21]
This is not the manufacturer's law suit, correct?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This right here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This right here.

Like the gay judge ruling on Gay marriage a few years ago.  But HE'S GAAAAAYYY!!.  No big deal, that decision was going to get appealed no matter what the ruling.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#23]
This is the one that included Glock.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:47:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I can't wait to get out of this place.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Saw this one coming. I'm glad my dad is moving to ID so I can do family transfers fro off-roster guns.

I work at a gun shop and the roster is the worst of the shit we have to deal with. I've seen guns fall off roster in the time they took to ship.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Saw this one coming. I'm glad my dad is moving to ID so I can do family transfers fro off-roster guns.
View Quote

Yes, because admitting straw purchases online will really win over the courts.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What makes it a straw purchase? Perhaps its a firearm already owned by a family member. Maybe a gift? I dont think I'd jump straight to "strawman" right away.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:26:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Well maybe because if it was already owned by a family member in CA it isn't subject to the laws.  If it is bought out of state just to transfer to a family member or anybody else?? what does that sound like??
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 2:07:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What makes it a straw purchase? Perhaps its a firearm already owned by a family member. Maybe a gift? I dont think I'd jump straight to "strawman" right away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because if it already exists in CA then the intra-familial exemption already exists. The "my dad is moving to ID so I CAN DO family transfers" is the telling bit. It's hardly reading into anything, it's right there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top