Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2015 12:01:23 AM EDT
Just wanted you guys to be aware of the failed NY "Combined Ballistics Identification System"...the California micro-stamping would have results (None) just like the NY version did.  Here is an "old" story:

http://www.guns.com/2012/04/04/cuomo-pataki-gun-law-combined-ballistics-identification-system/

Ed

(Living in NY/born in CA)

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:28:41 AM EDT
[#1]
This state is a lost cause.  You guys think it's bad now?  Wait until Brown's gone.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
gov gav will turn this state into a dead zone, in more ways than one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 12:38:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

So my BIL is a high powered salesman for tec companies , he helps take them public.

Before they can go public the company must first have the godfather Gavs blessing.  

My BIL tells me that per Gav he is the next Gov and when he takes over all children of CA
Will get a education , jod and a trust fund off the backs of the tax payers and evil corperations.  

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/02/18/gun-rights-groups-await-judge-ruling-on-california-microstamping-law/
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So my BIL is a high powered salesman for tec companies , he helps take them public.

Before they can go public the company must first have the godfather Gavs blessing.  

My BIL tells me that per Gav he is the next Gov and when he takes over all children of CA

Will get a education , jod and a trust fund off the backs of the tax payers and evil corperations.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is Gav?

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Who is Gav?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is Gav?

Gavin Newsom, Lieutenant Governor. The 'Gavinator'.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is Gav?

Yup
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yup
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is Gav?

Yup

Piss on that SF lib...
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#9]
What is the rumor mill saying about the outcome of this law suit?  

Will microstamping become the law or will the law be overturned in court?

Is a stay in effect preventing the law from being implemented pending the outcome of the law suit?

When is a decision expected?  

Is now the time to go and buy my last few handguns purchased in California?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What is the rumor mill saying about the outcome of this law suit?  

Will microstamping become the law or will the law be overturned in court?

Is a stay in effect preventing the law from being implemented pending the outcome of the law suit?

When is a decision expected?  

Is now the time to go and buy my last few handguns purchased in California?
View Quote

The time has passed since the new year came and went...
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#12]
The best advice I can give you is to NEVER wait when it comes to guns and ammo. California is out to ban everything possible one thing at a time. I have never regretted having bought the hundreds of magazines back in the 1990's - some for rifles I didn't even own a rifle for yet! The federal government is hamstrung with the republicans in charge but "executive actions" can be as sweeping and unlawful as you can imagine. Stoke of the pen and federal laws are changed by an illegal action by the president and they'll remain that way until the courts overturn the illegal action years and years later.
View Quote

I did the same with mags in '99. Just the other day I found some Eagle brand 35-round clear Mini-14 magazines new in wrapper that I had forgotten about. Sweet!
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#13]
This judge is taking his/her sweet time striking this down.  For me, it would have been a rather obvious "NO"

1. Firing pins are exceptionally easy to replace.

2. The technology is unreliable.

3. It's really hard to print on steel casings.

4. A perp can just go to the range, grab someone else's brass, and leave it at the scene of the crime.

5. It's an effective ban on handguns because nobody can reliably put the tech into production.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This judge is taking his/her sweet time striking this down.  For me, it would have been a rather obvious "NO"

1. Firing pins are exceptionally easy to replace.
2. The technology is unreliable.
3. It's really hard to print on steel casings.
4. A perp can just go to the range, grab someone else's brass, and leave it at the scene of the crime.
5. It's an effective ban on handguns because nobody can reliably put the tech into production.
View Quote

Do you think judges in California are chosen for their ability to use logic?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Let me add to that list, one pierced primer and the stamp on the firing pin is useless/gone.

It's an effective ban on handguns because the manufacturers have said they will not comply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top