Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2014 1:29:51 PM EDT
I was listening to the radio this morning and it appears that Fox 11 Los Angeles is doing a piece on evil 80% lowers tonight.
Apparently criminals can make their own firearms at home....!

Just what we need the media drumming up more sensationalism for an ill informed public to push for more restrictions.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Brainless tards.... cuz yeah, we all know criminals are so into abiding by gun laws.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Been seeing the promos every day and just heard one on the radio too.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brainless tards.... cuz yeah, we all know criminals are so into abiding by gun laws.
View Quote

the problem is all of those brainless tards are the ones that Vote on new law
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I just watched it.

They have a retired ATF agent claiming if you get shot "anywhere" in your body with a .223 you will die. He says "it's like an explosion"

I forget the word they used to describe .223. It was something like "the horrific .223" or "the horrendous .223", somebody please correct me, but they make it sound like it's super-duper-duper-you-gonna-die-run-away deadly. Yes, it's deadly but they're really hamming it up.

They highlight a gang member who executed two other gang bangers, then make the claim if he didn't have access to an AR-15 he would have used something "less lethal". Less lethal? Like a taser? Whiffle ball bat? Nerf football? WTF?

They also play a series of clips (yeah, I said "clip") of people describing the shooting at Santa Barbara all using the term "scary black rifle" and "big black rifle".

They also show video of the ATF "skillfully" machining and milling an 80% lower into a "deadly assault rifle", then an ATF Press Conference stating an 80% lower isn't a gun. I'm surprised they put that in there,

That story is so full of WTF I don't know what to say.

The commercial I saw this morning prepping the story claimed they'd show how easy it is to make a "machine gun". No mention of machine guns in the actual report, but they were trying to put that seed in people's heads.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe a responsible organization (CARPA or NRA?) should request some air time for a rebuttal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top