Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2014 4:39:48 PM EDT
My searching sucks

I have a 80% that I will be finishing and it will be for a pistol build.
The SSE is clear and it is recommended to have  Pistol engrave on I
to prevent a Over zealous LE thinking its a illegal SBR.

But the questions are
Does it have to have  a serial make and model too

after 2015

Can I use a longer than 7.5 inch barrel

TIA

I went on calguns looking for threads but failed

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#1]
You do not have to have "pistol" stamped on it. Mine don't, I have an AR and a Draco and neither have pistol stamped on them. If you make it out of an 80% then you don't need serial number. I have a 7.5" upper but I think I'm gonna build an 10.5" next, so yeah you can go longer.

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/FAQ#Does_my_homemade_firearm_need_a_serial_number.3F
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:07:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing needs to be stamped but its probably a good idea to put info on it just incase it comes up missing.  I would never own an AR pistol but if I did it would be 10.5". An adjustable gas block is a plus if yours is over gased. Mine was way under gassed (I mean my buddies) and needed the gas post drilled out. Once I drilled it out to 3/32" for him it ran perfect. It wont run steel worth a darn. I'm thinking about drilling it out to 1/8 and seeing if it works better for him. Its a lot easier to add an adjustable gas block then it is filling the hole.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:38:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top