Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2014 8:33:25 PM EDT
Based on the way the hand grip slopes below the imaginary receiver line, I would think not legal in CA.  

http://www.thordsencustoms.com/

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:11:17 AM EDT
[#1]
we will never know for sure until someone gets arrested but i have them on two of my featureless rifles and i have had no trouble
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:14:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:31:35 AM EDT
[#3]
The Law:

Rifles
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.

Glossary:
Pistol Grip, conspicuously protruding - A grip that allows for a pistol style grasp in which the web of the trigger hand (between the thumb and index finger) can be placed below the top of the exposed portion of the trigger while firing.

IMO, the stock does not qualify as a "pistol grip".  It fails the "conspicuously protruding" criteria - it is smoothly contoured in the manner of conventional rifle stocks.  It fails the "pistol style grasp" criteria - gripped like a pistol, the barrel would point skyward.

Failing to meet the pistol grip criteria means the "web of the trigger hand" test does not apply.  YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top