Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2014 9:50:20 PM EDT
Well I finally got to watch some Dodger games this season.

The last half of the first Giants game.  gaacck.

Last night the whole thing.  Great game until about the 8th inning,   Almost like the Giants were praying to get put out of their misery.Vinnie has been waxing eloquently about all the great Dodger/Giants games since he started with the Dodgers back in Brooklyn.

I'd like to see a Dodgers - Angels Series.  Actually Dodgers anybody.  I grew up in the Koufax, Drysdale, Wills, Mays, Marichal days.  Like to see the good old rivalry back and strong.

National TV ratings for a freeway series would probably suck, but screw them.

One of the guys I was listening to today was happy.  Said he was tired of seeing the Kirk Gibson home run for 26 years.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:17:51 AM EDT
[#1]
An Angels/Dodgers World Series would be awesome. Their regular season matchups were all pretty good games, would love to see Kershaw face Trout with a ring on the line. The Dodgers look like they're hitting a good stride right now, hopefully they can keep that up. Need to get Ryu healthy too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#2]
My sis has worked for a law firm in downtown LA for ever, the firm has\had season tickets right behind the dodgers dugout. I remember going to a game back when Orel Hershiser was pitching and Steve Sax was playing second. We kept yelling to Steve that if he ever had a baby boy he should name him Orel...Orel Sax just seems to flow off the tongue...

Lets go Dodgers
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally some Dodger love in the Cali section. Dodgers are firing on all cylinders right now. We need to keep it going, GO DODGERS !
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Beat LA.!
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finally some Dodger love in the Cali section. Dodgers are firing on all cylinders right now. We need to keep it going, GO DODGERS !
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Haters gonna hate. Dodgers have the best pitcher in the NL and Kemp finishing strong with his bat. Bring on the 'Cards bitches !
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Lighten up Francis.......Just a little ribbing that's all.  Dodger Blue won the west because they have the best players money can buy under contract.

They will make a deep run in the playoffs and probably make it to the World Series.  But then again, we will see.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#8]
It's all good Chippy. They spend the money because it's pro sports. If you don't get the players you don't win. The Dodgers had one of the best farm systems at one time, look how many Rookies of the Year they had multiple times. Those days are over for everyone. World Series is a long, tough, road but they have a chance. GO DODGERS !
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy Smokes!!!! What a shootout.  The pitching duel that wasn't.  Beating Kershaw at home.  Hope Greinke gets Dodger Blue back on track.

Meanwhile, Giants hang on and take game 1 from the Nats.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Beat LA.!
View Quote

I love that chant.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Holy Smokes!!!! What a shootout.  The pitching duel that wasn't.  Beating Kershaw at home.  Hope Greinke gets Dodger Blue back on track.

Meanwhile, Giants hang on and take game 1 from the Nats.
View Quote

No kidding, Kershaw has been a machine all season just to get bombed the first game at home. Big blue has to win tonight, GO DODGERS !
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:38:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Matt Kemp......good time to launch one and the Bums draw even with the Cards.  Giants win a marathon and hope to sweep the Nats....in SF.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:04:33 AM EDT
[#13]
This series is taking years off my life.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Kemp came through when we needed him. The Cards have been a thorn in the Dodgers side in the post season, time to beat them down.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This series is taking years off my life.
View Quote

MaDanby  and the Danby boys are lifelong Angels fan, I went to USC.  There is not much joy in Mudville this weekend
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Fate is in the hands or arm of the best pitcher on the planet.  Rid this stigma of post season flop and right the ship.

Madbum literally threw away game 3 and the possible sweep of the Nats.   No joy here in Bay area too.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Welp, here's to hoping they fire Colletti, Mattingly, and McGwire.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:47:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, that's it for this thread.....Congrats on winning the West....there's next year.   Now.....Go Giants!
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:44:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Welp, here's to hoping they fire Colletti, Mattingly, and McGwire.
View Quote

I agree, Dodgers should go after Scioscia he might be leaving the Angels
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Lol GO GIANTS.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Lol GO GIANTS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol GO GIANTS.

At least the gnats have halloween colors on. Screw sf this is a DODGER thread.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol GO GIANTS.

LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top