Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2014 9:24:08 PM EDT
I'm in town for a few days for work and looking for a good place to eat and have drinks. Its a business trip and I'm with clients so nothing too crazy.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:53:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Not familiar with Santa Ana or Costa Mesa. But check these places out if you can. Only about fifteen minutes from Santa Ana.

Slater's 50/50 in Anaheim Hills.
Ruth Chris Steakhouse in Anaheim.
Roscoe's Famous Deli in Fullerton.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not familiar with Santa Ana or Costa Mesa. But check these places out if you can. Only about fifteen minutes from Santa Ana.

Slater's 50/50 in Anaheim Hills.
Ruth Chris Steakhouse in Anaheim.
Roscoe's Famous Deli in Fullerton.
View Quote

Roscoe's has good sandwiches.  It's in an entertainment district of downtown Fullerton, lots of bars and eateries, and some interesting walking around.  Lot's of co-eds.  Little far from CM and Santa Ana.

I'm not sure of anyplace I'd take clients in Santa Ana in the evenings.  There are some nice places up by the Civic Center that get professional lunch traffic from the Courts and civic center.  But I wouldn't wander too far from there at night.

I suggest you head down to Newport Pier or Balboa Pier

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#3]
El Tapatio for the family style carnitas.  By the santa ana country club.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:00:11 AM EDT
[#4]
If you like Italian, give Maggiano's a try, you won't regret it. They're in Costa Mesa at the South Coast Plaza.

One of my wife's favorite spots when we're in the area.

http://www.maggianos.com/en/Pages/Home.aspx
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:01:19 AM EDT
[#5]
There is also a Slaters 50/50 in Irvine if that is closer to you in Costa Mesa. Teemu Selanne has a good restaurant in Laguna http://www.selannesteaktavern.com/
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]
In Costa Mesa, try Scott's on Bristol St., across from South Coast Plaza....4 star

In Anaheim, on Harbor Blvd, by D-land, Morton Steakhouse, and Ruth's Criss are about a block apart....3 star

Around the corner, on Katella, is Mccormick and Schmick....2 1/2 - 3 star

In Fullerton, on Harbor Blvd. is The Cellar...4 star

In Orange, on Chapman Ave., up on the hill, overlooking the ENTIRE scene from ocean to the left, to the mountains, on the right, and out toward LA, is the Orange Hill Restaurant....4 star

Stars are by my opinion only.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#7]
head on down to Newport to the crab cooker or el ranchito. both good atmosphere and food.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, if I was looking for a night with the guys, then Fullerton Downtown has a lot of nice watering holes and lot of females, and just about any kind of food you might want in about a 4 block area.  But If I was with clients, and I was in the Costa Mesa area,  I'd be looking around PCH from Huntington Beach south to Laguna or Dana Point.  Plus the beach scene is a lot closer
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:59:15 AM EDT
[#9]
South Coast Plaza and surround area have several upscale restaurants, from steak house to sushi bar.

Link

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top