Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2014 12:16:11 AM EDT
I live in Az and have a few questions about gun ownership in Calif.
1.Will a 30 rd Mag Pul magazine work in a Calif legal AR15.
2.Can someone in Calif possess a 30 Ar15 Magazine.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:55:11 AM EDT
[#1]
1) Yes
2) No. Get caught with a 30 rounder and I'm pretty sure it's a felony here.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:10:25 AM EDT
[#2]
1. Yes

2. Yes IF they legally possessed the magazine in California before the cut-off date.  (check the stickies^^ for the date.)
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you know when the cut off date was.You are talking about the stickies on the package or what.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you know when the cut off date was.You are talking about the stickies on the package or what.
View Quote

Stickies on the top of this forum. Cut off date was before Jan 1st 2000, so any 10+ mags you own would have to have been at sometime in Cali before then to be legal. Using them in a Bullet Button gun is illegal though, you would have to go featureless. Since Pmags were made after that date, it will be hard to sell it to a cop that you own them legally, although it is possible. For your pmags I would get theses for gen 3 pmags but they also make them for gen 2. Also check out magblocks, for other mags you may need to change.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are asking whether 30-rd. mags will work in a CA-legal AR when the weapon is back in AZ,  the answer is yes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
No it will still be in Calif.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Okay Ive read the stickies .Im sorry for you all.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
1) Yes
View Quote

You are wrong on so many counts it is obvious you are talking out of your ass.  I legally possess many many many 30rd AR mags, and I live in CA.  Even if I one had one that was not legal to possess, it is not a felony.  Try actually reading and understanding the laws before you spout off with advice, or just sit back and see what those who know what they're talking about say, then learn from that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Okay Ive read the stickies .Im sorry for you all.
View Quote

well then if you move here, you will be sorry yourself.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You are wrong on so many counts it is obvious you are talking out of your ass.  I legally possess many many many 30rd AR mags, and I live in CA.  Even if I one had one that was not legal to possess, it is not a felony.  Try actually reading and understanding the laws before you spout off with advice, or just sit back and see what those who know what they're talking about say, then learn from that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1) Yes

I don't care what you have. Before OP can legally possess, he'd have to legally import them, which isn't the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I live in Az and have a few questions about gun ownership in Calif.
1.Will a 30 rd Mag Pul magazine work in a Calif legal AR15.
2.Can someone in Calif possess a 30 Ar15 Magazine.
View Quote

1.  Are you asking whether a 30 round, Magpul magazine will function properly in a off-list lower receiver equipped with a Bullet Button?

If the rifle is not a registered assault weapon, it is a felony to put a 30 round magazine in the mag well.

If the BB-equipped, OLL is taken to AZ, the Magpul can be used and should function properly (magazine variability being what it is).

2.  Yes, Californians are legally allowed to own and use 30 round magazines.  There are certain conditions which must be met but it is legal if those are met.  An example would be a Californian who owned/possessed the high cap magazine before the cutoff date (1/1/2000) and uses it in their registered assault weapon.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top