Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2014 10:32:11 AM EDT
I was wondering if I could get some help for a very good friend who lives in San Diego. He wants to buy a nice pistol for range use/home defense. Dosent really care about caliber, but wants something with a little bling. His budget is around $1500. He is familiar with firearms, but not so much pistols.

He wants something that looks good, reliable, and comfortable. As I'm not familiar with California gun restrictions, I am hoping someone can help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Those Sig M-11s are pretty cool looking 949 - 1149 but they are Singe shot off rosters i believe.

Or he could get a used glock 22 for 350 or a new one for 499 *Gen 3 and save the rest.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#2]
plenty of 1911's to choose from or lots of shops will do a single shot exemption if there is a 1911 he likes that isnt on the roster. otherwise our pickings are getting very slim and more guns keep falling off everyday.(he will only have until the end of the year to do a SSE, then we get the shaft again in commiefornia)
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't done any business with them personally, but one of my long time friends has had great luck buying SSE from DAS in San Diego.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#5]
If he is looking for a little bling, but an excellent shooter he can customize a bit (grips, mag well, sights) afterwards, I highly suggest the CZ 75 Tactical Sport, in either 9mm or .40S&W.

As a pistol, it's highly accurate, and the trigger is simply amazing. I was going back and forth between a Sig P226 X-5 for years, until I finally handled both next to each other. The CZ was the better pistol, hands down... without even considering the price differences (approximately $800 now)

The budget your friend has will allow for the purchase of additional accessories or parts if he chooses.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a .357 magnum revolver guy but that's more boom that bling. I want to kill intruders, not impress them.

View Quote

How about a 4" or 6" Colt Python.  You can get them in many finishes but I'd recommend either stainless or Colt's Royal Blue.  Both have plenty of "bling".  I'd avoid the polished nickel finish, as it's got too much bling.  Both with get the self defense job done, as well.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#7]
im thinking something like a ....SIG in 9mm or 40cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top