Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 2:04:00 PM EDT
I know there is more to this story but, this smacks of 1984

COTTONWOOD >> Two men, who owned a cache of 300 firearms, despite being prohibited from doing so because of prior convictions, were arrested Thursday following a high risk search warrant.

Law enforcement served the warrant at the Laurel Way residence of Thaddeus Ivan Stevenson and Zackary William Stevenson, both 23.

The search warrant was the culmination of an investigation that revealed both of the Stevensons have "anti-government thoughts and ideals," according to a Tehama County Sheriff's Department press release issued Friday afternoon.

http://www.redbluffdailynews.com/news/ci_26179388/two-cottonwood-men-arrested-300-firearms-high-capacity?source=most_viewed
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
It's been said many times around here and especially in response to the CA, CT and NY and other bans and restrictions, and if you are going to own guns in contravention of other laws, then it's probably best to stay off the radar screens.

I think the other side of the coin  "the NOT staying off the radar screens" falls generally in to the there's more to this category.

Taking a wild guess, if you are a felon in possession, especially several hundred,  being a peaceful demure and timid nice guy is what you need to aspire to be.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's been said many times around here and especially in response to the CA, CT and NY and other bans and restrictions, and if you are going to own guns in contravention of other laws, then it's probably best to stay off the radar screens.

I think the other side of the coin  "the NOT staying off the radar screens" falls generally in to the there's more to this category.

Taking a wild guess, if you are a felon in possession, especially several hundred,  being a peaceful demure and timid nice guy is what you need to aspire to be.
View Quote

I agree with everything you say. It's just a little disconcerting to hear a county sheriff (especially rural, conservative, etc) say the term "anti-government thoughts and ideals"!

Tom
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#3]
who needs 10,000 rounds of ammo and 300 guns?  that's only 33 rounds each.  nowhere near enough ammo.  very suspicious.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I know there is more to this story but, this smacks of 1984....
View Quote

no search warrant is issued for 'anti-government thoughts.'  they were "armed prohibited persons."  they had done something stupid with guns in hand some years prior.  then, they continued to be blabbermouths.  they wrote their own warrants, no doubt.  indiscreet amateurs.

it's the quiet ones you have to watch for.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
who needs 10,000 rounds of ammo and 300 guns?  that's only 33 rounds each.  nowhere near enough ammo.  very suspicious.
View Quote

hey hey hey.  that's heresy.  oh wait, this isn't GD.

In GD that's enough for 33 kills and acquiring more arms and ammunition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top