Site Notices
11/24/2014 4:59:23 PM
Author
Posted: 3/22/2013 8:12:11 PM EST
Turners Outdoorsman sent me an email today. It said they are going to open a store here this summer. I'm stoked, because we really need a good gun/fishing store here.
Paul
Self aware sack of star stuff
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/23/2013 7:31:31 AM EST
Originally Posted By skunkbad:
Turners Outdoorsman sent me an email today. It said they are going to open a store here this summer. I'm stoked, because we really need a good gun/fishing store here.

Darn too bad you're not getting one.
Celebrating the Second Amendment One Fine Firearm at a Time
caduckgunner
Meatball
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/23/2013 10:27:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By Paul:

skunkbad
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/23/2013 6:29:42 PM EST

Well, it's better than what we have now, and will make the other local gun and fishing stores more competitive (hopefully).

Paul
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/23/2013 7:09:05 PM EST

Well, it's better than what we have now, and will make the other local gun and fishing stores more competitive (hopefully).

What's that one up in Marietta or is that Temecula? Some cowboy-centric theme ... and had a big old semi-auto MaDuce on a tripod on display for years.
caduckgunner
Meatball
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/23/2013 7:10:36 PM EST

What's that one up in Marietta or is that Temecula? Some cowboy-centric theme ... and had a big old semi-auto MaDuce on a tripod on display for years.

The Shootist I think...
skunkbad
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/23/2013 9:25:06 PM EST
Yes, The Shootist in Murrieta is the best gun store we have right now. They are pretty nice, but never felt like they had great prices. I've never bought a gun from Turners, but I think the fact that they will be here might mean the other stores will have to be more competitive. Maybe I'm wrong. My closest gun store is Freedom Armory, but the few times I've been there I felt like I received poor customer service. The last time I was there I waited so long at the cash register that I just put down what I was going to buy and walked out. There's a newer gun shop over on E Winchester Rd, but they had like 10 guns the last time I was in there, and in general they had almost no merchandise. Big5 is what it is, which is nothing special, although I bought my last 10/22 from them for $139.00. Can't hurt to have another store around here. I also like fishing, and our selection of fishing stores here is worse than any fisherman would want to imagine.
Laramie
Ban Californians!
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2013 7:05:30 PM EST
Shootist is hit or miss. Usually good service but not the best prices.

Never even bothered checking out Faith based on what I've heard.

Drove by the new place called Steelwater. Will have to check it out.

Paul
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2013 7:08:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
The Shootist I think...

That's it ... ten Internetz points to you.
Laramie
Ban Californians!
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2013 7:11:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
The Shootist I think...

That's it ... ten Internetz points to you.

The first time I went in there interestingly enough was when I was about 3 days from moving out of state and I needed a holster to CC my J-frame. They didn't have anything in stock but they called Bianchi whose HQ was about 6 miles away and I got a nice leather rig for about $25 bucks. Always thought that was pretty cool.
Paul
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2013 7:15:20 PM EST
The last time I was there I waited so long at the cash register that I just put down what I was going to buy and walked out.

That's close to my story. I came it on my lunch hour 240 hours after buying an M1 Carbine many many years ago. I was in uniform taking a half-day off from work to pick up the new .30 Carbine toy. I went into the Riverside location (now gone) and went to gun counter with my paperwork wagging. Nobody was manning the counter. If you were ever there you remember there was a big two-way mirror behind the counter ... well almost two way because I could see through it enough to see two guys sitting at the table around the remains of their lunch. OK cool. I waited another five minutes and knew they could see me waiting. There was a Crimson Trace demo on the top of the counter so I grabbed it and painted the forehead of the clown facing me through the mirror. Second clown notices and jerks around in his chair to face me.

They managed to come out and give me my carbine ... that was 14 years ago and I haven't been back since! I've found the smaller mom-n-pop stores are more attentive and responsive.

I do miss the $5.99 for a case of 400 shotgun shell sales ... but that's another story.

doug92386
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2013 4:35:59 PM EST

You can see their banner hanging off the building as you drive along the 15.

I will be happy when they open up.