Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:23:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't call $20-$25/hr a good paying job around here.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 2:47:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I expect something similar for the new PBC range.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:28:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
$42k-52k/yr running a gun range doesn't sound bad
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:43:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks for the correction money bags.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]
My rate after 25 years at a County FD, topped out Lieutenant s $20.20 an hour, so t's perspective  guess.  Get built in OT at the FD, so it pays better than it sounds.

Wouldn't be a terrible retirement job until the ids get out of school, but  doubt they'll wait on me......
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I interviewed for a similar position in April at another county run range....Same pay.  Really didn't seem worth it to put up with all that needs to be done.  And then YOUR the one on the hook if someone else screws up.  I did get a call back but the hours were all over the place & I couldn't commit to it.  While it might seem cool to work/run a gun range..After the interview I had & the duty list I was given, I no longer think so.. At least not a county range.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Think about it...the pay range is $20-$25/hr so they'll start you off at or below $45,000/yr with limited benefits.  Maybe in 8 years you'll top out at $52,000/yr still with limited benefit.
For that pay you have to manage the entire operation of the range from opening to closing and manage maybe 10 employees...and have to deal with pain in the ass public.  We have guys in their late 20's who manage 4 - 6 people in the air conditioned warehouse make that kind of money while working 40 hours a week/M-F with full benefits including company matched 401k program plus Christmas party/bonus.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#8]
For Florida that's not a bad wage, but their expectations for that job are not in line with the wage being offered.  I would have to file bankruptcy if I took that job
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#9]
That pension..
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:16:59 AM EDT
[#10]
You couldn't pay me to work at a gun range... Shit, I'm cert as a CCW instructor and I won't even give the class except to people I know, 1 or 2 on 1. I helped my friend teach classes at first when he over booked, I have never been so in fear for my safety in my life. People are idiots.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Decent pay but not great for requiring a bachelors.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You couldn't pay me to work at a gun range... Shit, I'm cert as a CCW instructor and I won't even give the class except to people I know, 1 or 2 on 1. I helped my friend teach classes at first when he over booked, I have never been so in fear for my safety in my life. People are idiots.
View Quote
this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top