Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2017 10:02:19 PM EDT
My brother may have to move to Jacksonville for a career change.  Possible new job is located around 295 and J Turner Butler Blvd (202).  Any input on good/bad areas for a family with two young children.  Probably going to be renting.  I know Orlando, and have only been to Jacksonville for a few weeks of training.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Mandarin area and St Johns County. 10-20 minutes south of JTB on 95. There's some good areas off JTB as well. Just stay away from Arlington, the west side, and the north side.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the reply.  I'll pass this along to my brother.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
St. Johns County has the best schools in the state.  It is worth it to be here.

Jacksonville is a great place to be - Lots of things to do.

Red
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 for St. John's county per kids and work location
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Plenty of town home rentals right where his work will be.

We lived in a 3-2.5 for close to four years with no issues.

Close to everything in town.

I only mention it based on the likely to rent.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you all for the info.  He's had some leeds fall through and is information gathering at this point.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out Mandarin area and St Johns County. 10-20 minutes south of JTB on 95. There's some good areas off JTB as well. Just stay away from Arlington, the west side, and the north side.
View Quote
This man knows his stuff...
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I live in Deerwood, which is basically just south of JTB and just west of 295. Very nice area.

It's gets a bit crummy to the west of us, between Southside and Phillips.

If he wants to stay near that JTB/295 area, have him look around St. John's Town Center.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you for the information. I'll pass it along. He has some interviews this week.  So, it's still up in the air as to where he will be going.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:27:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Since he's got kids, definitely recommend the St. Johns county for the schools. Best of luck to him, it's a great area to live.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#11]
look for housing in St Johns County.  A lot of good choices off SR 210.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:11:22 AM EDT
[#12]
for apartments, there are a lot of them between i95 and southside blvd, on bay meadows road, the area has a bit of traffic though.

elsewhere, southside blvd, from baymeadows rd southward to around the avenues mall has lots of condos and apartments.

around the st. johns town center, are some new apartments, but I don't know anything about them.

for another area, try hodges between beach and butler blvd. there are condos and apartments along that road.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:16:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank you for the information.  He's had a few interviews (some good, some not so good), and his current job is gone at the end of the month.  His family will be moving, it's just a matter of where now.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My brother may have to move to Jacksonville for a career change.  Possible new job is located around 295 and J Turner Butler Blvd (202).  Any input on good/bad areas for a family with two young children.  Probably going to be renting.  I know Orlando, and have only been to Jacksonville for a few weeks of training.  Thanks.
View Quote

That's a very good area of town. It's growing fast, lost of new development in that area.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#15]
also forgot about Ponte Vedra.  It it st. johns county, but expensive and a bit snobby.  Let us know where the job is and I might draw another map of go/no go zones
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:48:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you, everyone, for the information.  My brother was passed over for the job.  The employment search continues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top