Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2017 1:48:03 PM EDT
(No not porpoise.)
Son on his way at 1 am. If yes, how many miles out.    Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#1]
This was my boss and his gf 4of July weekend off Marathon. Not sure how far out they went. Maybe 40-50 miles. 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
S'more like what I thought. Son thinks 3 or 4 miles.

Have been south in the straits towards Cuba before. Dolphin were out in the middle.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:50:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Run and gun. It's the only way to target dolphin. Some days you get lucky and the stream has a weed line on the reef edge and some days you are running out 25 miles. Wind is a big player in forming live weed lines. You want wind with a lot of South component for a few days to stack up the lines in Marathon.  If you're really lucky you'll find a barely submerged Palm tree with huge bulls and some wahoo.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 3:52:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
S'more like what I thought. Son thinks 3 or 4 miles.

Have been south in the straits towards Cuba before. Dolphin were out in the middle.
View Quote
There aren't typically any fences in the ocean so the dolphin come and go as they please.

Find the bait (birds, weedlines, flotsam, etc.)... find the dolphin.

Caught six dolphin tuesday morning. 3 in 60' of water and the other three about 10 miles out.*

* Out of Jupiter not Marathon but like I said, there aren't any fences.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top