Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2017 7:15:57 PM EDT
Headed home from the range just now, thought I'd check one of the pastures.  Sure enough, about 20+ pigs. When I shot this one the scattered... but due to cattle in the pasture, I won't shoot at running pigs and risk hitting a cow. I'd like to hang a feeder in this area but the cows would scoop it all up.

Link Posted: 7/15/2017 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice piggy.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 6:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice, great you have a place to shoot pigs.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you sure that isn't a cow because it looks a lot like a cow.

Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#4]
another one bites the dust!  

I fought with cows and feeders for a couple years, never figured out something that would work well.  They routinely would knock it over, rub it, stomp the ground into a mud hole, but pigs still come to feast!  
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Years  ago, I hunted on a lease that was a working cattle ranch, one of the older members would have his wife ride the roads with him and call out horns for him so he could shoot seeing as his vision was getting pretty bad.

Sure enough, one foggy morning he shot the biggest " Spike " of his life!

Heard it ate pretty good, but darn near doubled his annual dues that year.......
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Good job- we're due to get out together again soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top