Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2017 12:10:04 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Fuck  going be totaled And only worth $1500.00

Still able to drive, got it home now waiting on other Ins. Co. adjuster come look and fuck me sideways
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks.

My dumbass wife has let her foot off the gas and rolled into the car in front of her while texting at redlights twice in the last year.

Minor bumps that barely left a mark in the other vehicles. ( Not excusing her, just saying)

In both cases the other party collected the full limit of $10,000 liability for " Pain and suffering".

Insurance didn't bother to contest it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That sucks.

My dumbass wife has let her foot off the gas and rolled into the car in front of her while texting at redlights twice in the last year.

Minor bumps that barely left a mark in the other vehicles. ( Not excusing her, just saying)

In both cases the other party collected the full limit of $10,000 liability for " Pain and suffering".

View Quote
If they contested it Morgan/Morgan would just pocketed his share
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel your pain. Wife hydroplaned and couldn't stop. Did very minor damage to the van she hit but they called two ambulances and all three passengers have filed claims. They called Eddie. Farrah & Farrah, making insurance companies pay. 
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking at the OPs vehicle, it looks painful. Very Painful......

I wish my brain worked that way, to take advantage of other peoples mistakes. I've had two people total their vehicles on the rear bumper of my old 1995 F-150 4X4.

Both times I was stopped at a redlight.

Looked at the bumper, decided there wasn't any noticeable improvements, gave my statement and went on my merry way.

Never occurred to me to sue for damages for " Pain and suffering."

I'm just a dumbass I guess.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I hear ya.

I was rear-ended last year right after leaving my subdivision. Come to think of it, my BFL sacrificed itself. I had the BFL hitch receiver cover and it was the only casualty. The funny part is that it was one of my neighbor's that hit me. I see her husband walking all the time but had never seen/met her before. She got the brunt of it and I didn't make them replace my BFL.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:06:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That sucks.

View Quote
I'm guessing that's the mandatory PIP insurance coverage everyone's supposed to have by law? I hear that's a huge reason insurance is more expensive here, people just claim stuff like that and the insurance companies just pay it out rather than contest it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#7]
sorry op.

Does the AC work?

you might get a check and keep your van, then buy a used liftgate..

does your neck hurt?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't let them lowball you on the totaled offer.  You are entitled to RETAIL VALUE.   Statutes are here:  http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0600-0699/0626/Sections/0626.9743.html

(5) When the insurance policy provides for the adjustment and settlement of first-party motor vehicle total losses on the basis of actual cash value or replacement with another of like kind and quality, the insurer shall use one of the following methods:
(a) The insurer may elect a cash settlement based upon the actual cost to purchase a comparable motor vehicle, including sales tax, if applicable pursuant to subsection (9). Such cost may be derived from:
1. When comparable motor vehicles are available in the local market area, the cost of two or more such comparable motor vehicles available within the preceding 90 days;
2. The retail cost as determined from a generally recognized used motor vehicle industry source such as:
a. An electronic database if the pertinent portions of the valuation documents generated by the database are provided by the insurer to the first-party insured upon request; or
b. A guidebook that is generally available to the general public if the insurer identifies the guidebook used as the basis for the retail cost to the first-party insured upon request; or
3. The retail cost using two or more quotations obtained by the insurer from two or more licensed dealers in the local market area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top