Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2017 8:52:45 PM EDT
Any home ac guys in South Hillsborough County. I need freon added to my home ac. I have the freon and gauges to add freon. Just don't know how to do it.

I live in Ruskin. I will pay someone to put it in for me. I'm going to be getting the condense coil replaced it has a very very slow leak. Lasted about two years. But this is it. But I need freon in it till I can get someone out to replace it.

Email me
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Adding freon to a leaky system.
You need to access the suction side of the system while it is running. That is the COLD pipe. Set your gage on the freon bottle and blow out the air, close the gage valve. Add freon until the pressure/temperature gets to about 40°. Close the freon bottle. Remove the gages. It shouldn't be more than a few pounds.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Got it fixed to day small leak sweated copper to fix it. Added freon
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got it fixed to day small leak sweated copper to fix it. Added freon
View Quote
Happy to hear that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top