Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2017 12:27:31 PM EDT
Weird, mine is a bit older from Bronson, just noticed wifes newer one from putnam has the last digit of her DOB in red.
Does anyone know what thats about?
Also, dont know if its just coincidence, but my license number has the last two digits same as my day of birth, hers does not.

Is this a change too?
A DL number means shit, i thought the last two number on mine did too, but now wonder if it was just coincidence and its a random number.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no numbers in red and the last two numbers on mine have no relation to my date of birth.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Is yours an older Bronson issue?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 3:00:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Weird, mine is a bit older from Bronson, just noticed wifes newer one from putnam has the last digit of her DOB in red.
Does anyone know what thats about?
Also, dont know if its just coincidence, but my license number has the last two digits same as my day of birth, hers does not.

Is this a change too?
A DL number means shit, i thought the last two number on mine did too, but now wonder if it was just coincidence and its a random number.
View Quote

I renewed relatively recently. I'm looking at my new one side by side with my old one. one from Bronson and one from Putman.  

There are exceptions but generally the licence number is generated by taking the last two digits of the year the license was originally issued and adding the consecutive number of the license issued that year.  If you license was issued when the law first went into effect it would start with 87 if you got the 500th license issued in 1987 then your license number would be 8700500.  It has nothing to do with your DOB.

None of my previous licenses have any red font, so I can't help there.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#4]
It looks like the 8 being red on hers is just an illusion from the holographic symbol on the license.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top