Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2017 4:32:42 PM EDT
BREAKING ON FOX.. whatever..

the 1st DDG link that I found

The Short: Computer hack exposes 16,000 Florida concealed weapon permit holders The agency said the breach appears to have initiated outside the United States and that the agency will offer one year of free credit protection to those whose Social Security numbers were obtained.

The Long: The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services said in a statement Monday that permit holders who renewed online may have had their names accessed. The agency said the breach appears to have initiated outside the United States and that the agency will offer one year of free credit protection to those whose Social Security numbers were obtained. Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam ordered a review of the department's cybersecurity measures, and state law enforcement agencies are investigating the breach. He added that those affected amount to less than 1 percent of the total of the state's concealed weapon permit holders. A 2006 state law orders the confidentiality of the names of concealed weapon permit holders.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw this news this morning...I wasn't aware you could do online payment for this..
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw this news this morning...I wasn't aware you could do online payment for this..
View Quote
  I did not either and since I just renewed it would seem to me that Ignorance is Blissful.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#3]
mother puss bucket
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Seriously, this is why you should never provide a social security number on govt. paperwork unless it's mandatory.

Observe and learn, not even the government can guarantee the safety and security of your personal information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top