Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2017 10:54:38 PM EDT
Hi. US Air Force MP here, from Patrick AFB. Looking for any type of out door training facility in the CF area where I could train at, practice CCW shooting, rifle training, etc...

Does anybody have any property they use for this or know of a facility that allows military/law enforcement to train at where you don't have to stand on the firing line like a statue and shoot?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You might have some luck with the Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club.  I was a member back in the day and they allowed all types of firing.  Even brought my truck on the range and shot from the bed.  Sprawling facility.  Don't know the rules now so you would have to check.

Most ranges that I know of offer the typical, no rapid fire, few seconds between shots, no drawing from holster, etc.  

Also, you might want to check with the Sheriff's offices in the area (Volusia, Seminole, and Orange).  Being MP, they may allow you to use their ranges.  OC range is beautiful.  

http://www.volusiacountygunclub.com/index.php
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club in Palm Bay has action shooting bays where you can utilize pistol and rifle and move around, draw from concealment, etc..  Have to become a member (it's $150 for a membership, plus you have to go to the standard orientation as well as the orientation for the action shooting bays).  They hold the orientation once a month.

PM sent.  I'm stationed at Patrick as well.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hi. US Air Force MP here, from Patrick AFB. Looking for any type of out door training facility in the CF area where I could train at, practice CCW shooting, rifle training, etc...

Does anybody have any property they use for this or know of a facility that allows military/law enforcement to train at where you don't have to stand on the firing line like a statue and shoot?
View Quote

Flagler gun and archery club.

Private.  You can do almost anything from CQB to 200 yards.  Title II ok.

https://www.google.com/search?q=flagler+gun+club&oq=flagler+gun&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j69i65j0l3.6133j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Membership is relatively cheap.

Somewhat of a drive for you, but consider it a day trip.

I will give you a private tour if you are serious about joining and shooting.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club in Palm Bay has action shooting bays where you can utilize pistol and rifle and move around, draw from concealment, etc..  Have to become a member (it's $150 for a membership, plus you have to go to the standard orientation as well as the orientation for the action shooting bays).  They hold the orientation once a month.

View Quote
That is only about 50 minutes from my house, very interested!
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#5]
The ridge shooting club in lakewales is leo friendly
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
This. I have both orientations done and can take you as a guest if you'd like.  Also OP, PM sent. I'm at Patrick as well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#7]
^ Yes, lets please go sometime. What is your work schedule? Message me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top