Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2017 7:19:29 PM EDT
A few minutes ago, I heard a deep loud bass thud sound pounding in the air over my neighborhood...got outside in time to see the last two Cobra attack helicopters of at least a four chopper flight flying south. Quite the experience, not being moo-slime. Wonder if the "conflict" started?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Where do you live?  Here on the panhandle, that happens several times every day and night.
Damn I love living near Eglin & especially Hurlburt.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#2]
NW Orlando area. Happened again this morning. Definitely a SuperCobra. Those two bladed choppers sure are loud. Noticeably different sound than the  loud hospital med evac and sheriff's helicopters.  Usually only see fighters flying overhead when some extraordinary protection detail is occurring. But, I'll bet some in the "community" were evacuating their lower intestines.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The one's I saw looked like this, I believe I was in Winter Haven looking at my work history

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where do you live?  Here on the panhandle, that happens several times every day and night.
Damn I love living near Eglin & especially Hurlburt.
View Quote
WHUMP WHUMP WHUMP WHUMP............BRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The one's I saw looked like this, I believe I was in Winter Haven looking at my work history

http://www.military-today.com/helicopters/sikorsky_s65_h53_l1.jpg
View Quote
Those things lok WAY bigger up close than I expected.  I always wanted to be a FE/gunner on Pave Lows...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top