Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2017 7:23:50 PM EDT
My brother in law moved to Ft. Lauderdale and ims thinking about visiting him next winter.  I'd like to kill two birds.  When and where are really good quality gun shows in FLA in December, January or Feburary???
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]
How much do you like segways? 
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much do you like segways? 
View Quote
I wish Shoot Straight was still attending The WPB show; because now I have to travel down to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I will never go to a WPB show again. Over priced items and not even a decent selection. Ft. Laud. has some good shows,depending on the location. There are a few sites you can check on to see when/where the bigger shows are located. I am not sure who the promoter is but shouldn't be hard to find.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#4]
really good quality
View Quote
Not to be found in south fla....
They all suck.
The WPB show sucks the least.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#5]
My nephew dragged me to the WPB show a couple of months ago and it was a real stinker.

We stayed less than 20 minutes or so because the show, which I enjoyed attending every time it was at the fairgrounds for many years,  was so bad.

I used to love going to that that show,  but since all of the major vendors like Florida Gun Exchange, Shoot Straight, and Andrews Custom Leather, Gun Country......etc;  dropped it from their schedules I believe that it's a total waste of time.

Damned shame.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My brother in law moved to Ft. Lauderdale and ims thinking about visiting him next winter.  I'd like to kill two birds.  When and where are really good quality gun shows in FLA in December, January or Feburary???
View Quote

There aren't any.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The Gun & Militaria Show at Vero Beach is semi-decent, think it's usually the last weekend in January.  Other than that, I don't know of any others I'd waste my time at.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:22:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Some people hate gun shows, while others really enjoy them and even find some very good deals.

I'm of the latter group.

Try the Ft Lauderdale or Miami shows if you're in the area when they're going on.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:11:21 AM EDT
[#9]
There hasn't been a good south Florida gun show since 1994.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I wish Shoot Straight was still attending The WPB show; because now I have to travel down to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.
View Quote
Doesn't "Shoot Straight" own a competing gun show circuit or something like that?  Some bad blood between some of them, as far as I know.

Anyway, most of the shows suck, only good thing being the chance to buy and sell privately.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Doesn't "Shoot Straight" own a competing gun show circuit or something like that?  Some bad blood between some of them, as far as I know.

Anyway, most of the shows suck, only good thing being the chance to buy and sell privately.
View Quote
shoot straight owns the shows in orlando and daytona at least.  

the days of good gun shows in florida, or anywhere, are pretty much done.  everything can be found cheaper online.   that being said, if you just want to kill some time at a gun show or handle a bunch of guns, the shoot straight shows have volume, but as every other poster here has shown, the gun shows pretty much suck.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

the days of good gun shows in florida, or anywhere, are pretty much done.  everything can be found cheaper online.   that being said, if you just want to kill some time at a gun show or handle a bunch of guns, the shoot straight shows have volume, but as every other poster here has shown, the gun shows pretty much suck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still worth it to kill time, talk with like minded people, and buy/sell of the radar.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#13]
shoot straight did takeover the Suncoast gunshows for awhile not sure if still the case. they try to lock in the vendors and threaten to boot them if they attend other shows that are not theirs.

shitty business practice.  

There can be some good deals, but the pickings are a lot slimmer than they used to be. I still find it worth it to get ammo and some vendors will price haggle. Sometimes I go to the Armory shows which are a lot smaller but have gotten some deals there to. It is something to do to get out of the house and see some nice guns whether they are too pricey or not is another story. First thing when they are open is a great time to go, and end of the day on Sunday to get deals on what is left.

of course there are tables with jerky, jewelry or something else, but 8 out of 10 shows I find something I wanted. I don't go to every single one so there is that.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I've found good deals on lowers, LPKs, other parts, uppers, and ammo (compared with online pricing at time of purchase) at the Deland and Orlando shows the last 3 times I went.

Best find was the complete Spike's 11.5" upper that retails for $860 that I picked up for $500...
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#15]
The gun shows are examples of true Americana that are hated by, and constantly under attack from,  the high profile  gun grabbers like Bloomberg and such and for that reason alone I hope they continue to thrive.

I still enjoy walking the aisles looking for some random gun that turns my head and I just need to own,  and I've picked up some very good deals at or below internet pricing.

Plenty of folks still enjoy putting our hands on a gun before we buy it rather than just punching some keys and ordering from a picture on the internet.

Whether or not gun shows  "suck" or not,  is a matter of personal opinion and apparently lots of people still go because they tend to be crowded.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Since 1968, the Lakeland Rifle and Pistol Club has been sponsoring the premiere gun show in Lakeland, Florida called “The Central Florida Arms Show.” With up to 600 tables and hundreds of exhibitors. The gun show is held three times a year- the third weekend of January, April and September.

This is THE show in Florida.
http://lakelandgunclub.com/gun-show
The January Show is the Best of the 3 a year they do.
Hundreds of Private Collector Vendors and FFLs.
Truly something for everyone. Wish they were all like this.

Good Luck and God Bless.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Since 1968, the Lakeland Rifle and Pistol Club has been sponsoring the premiere gun show in Lakeland, Florida called “The Central Florida Arms Show.” With up to 600 tables and hundreds of exhibitors. The gun show is held three times a year- the third weekend of January, April and September.

This is THE show in Florida.
http://lakelandgunclub.com/gun-show
The January Show is the Best of the 3 a year they do.
Hundreds of Private Collector Vendors and FFLs.
Truly something for everyone. Wish they were all like this.

Good Luck and God Bless.
View Quote
I agree with this.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top