Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2017 1:54:55 PM EDT
As some of you know, my FFL died suddenly and now I need another. Mostly for transfers but it would be nice if it could handle some class 3 items (not a deal breaker, though). I am fine driving 30 mins any direction.

Robert
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The closest one I can think of to you is Florida Gun Exchange in Ormond Beach (386) 304-9499 they're a class 3 dealer. Don't know what their rates are, they're closed on Sunday. I've been to their store a couple of times, it's nice, a lot of people swear by them and drive further than I do to deal with them. I live in Orlando.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The closest one I can think of to you is Florida Gun Exchange in Ormond Beach (386) 304-9499 they're a class 3 dealer. Don't know what their rates are, they're closed on Sunday. I've been to their store a couple of times, it's nice, a lot of people swear by them and drive further than I do to deal with them. I live in Orlando.
View Quote
I have tried them and I am not inclined to used them again due to high charges.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Volusia Top Gun?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Volusia Top Gun?
View Quote
How much for transfers?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As some of you know, my FFL died suddenly and now I need another. Mostly for transfers but it would be nice if it could handle some class 3 items (not a deal breaker, though). I am fine driving 30 mins any direction.

Robert
View Quote

Tactical Machining in Deland does them for free unless they have changed there policy.  

Cavella's was charging 25 dollars but I have not used them recently.  Title I only.

If you are going to be waiting 6-9 months for a NFA from 4, the few extra dollars that FGE charges is worth it.  You know they are not going to go out of business in the next year.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Robert
View Quote

Darkside Vault in Sanford
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:31:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Since John's now gone, I had to find a new transfer dealer as well.  SWUB Tactical, in Debary, handled my S&W Shield transfers.  $25 for the first firearm, $5 for each additional.  I have four Form 3's on the way to them that I had going to John.  Their NFA transfer fee is the same, $75 each.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Volusia Top Gun, $25 or $30.  Good people, it's who I use.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Tactical Machining in Deland does them for free unless they have changed there policy.  

Cavella's was charging 25 dollars but I have not used them recently.  Title I only.

If you are going to be waiting 6-9 months for a NFA from 4, the few extra dollars that FGE charges is worth it.  You know they are not going to go out of business in the next year.
View Quote
They haven't done this for years (TM).  I have not been to Cavellas.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Volusia Top Gun, $25 or $30.  Good people, it's who I use.
View Quote
Another vote for VTG. Great group, great shop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top