Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2017 4:35:40 PM EDT
I want a 5.56mm suppressor, a good quality one.  This is my first NFA purchase.  I am a resident of Pinellas County.  

How painful is the paperwork, does the CLEO have to sign off on it, and is he (the Pinellas County Sheriff) a dick about it?  What is the current BATFE wait time, and is there a local shop anyone recommends for good deals & service?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I want a 5.56mm suppressor, a good quality one.  This is my first NFA purchase.  I am a resident of Pinellas County.  

How painful is the paperwork, does the CLEO have to sign off on it, and is he (the Pinellas County Sheriff) a dick about it?  What is the current BATFE wait time, and is there a local shop anyone recommends for good deals & service?
View Quote

There are a bunch of silencers (the legal term) out there so I don't even try and help you pick out the one you want.  I have all Gemtech cans.

LEO sign-off has been replaced by a LEO notification.  You simply mail the LEO a copy of your application.

Wait times vary depending on the type of process you chose...electronic or paper, but are 6 months on the average.

The paperwork is so easy you will wonder why it is surrounded by so much mystery.  Passport photo, prints and a simple form.  It is the waiting that drives you nuts.

If you select the correct dealer, the dealer will walk you through the paperwork.

Some manufacturers have placed kiosks in major dealers locations that allow you to enter all the info into the kiosk and do the whole thing electronically.

Also check out the single item trusts.

Enjoy!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:38:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out colts ballistics logistics in st pete he can help you thru the entire process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top