Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2017 5:44:59 PM EDT
Just gathering intel for future reference. When buying a new vehicle and its a toss up between 2, I tend to go with the dealership with the more reputable service department.

Based on your experience, which Nissan, Honda, Chevy, Dodge dealerships from Titusville, Cocoa, Merritt Island to Melbourne have you personally dealt with and can provide feedback.

I have just a few direct dealing with some and have some word of mouth about the others.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I've only used the Gator Chrysler/Dodge's Service Department when I had my JKU. They were very helpful with my problems and covered all 6 of the warranty repairs without question. . I traded it off after 24k miles due to all the problems.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Titusville CDJ has always done me right for service work. Their sales staff sux donkey balls, but the techs are OK.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback.
Was expecting a few more replies unless not many folks from this area on the board.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for Gator Dodge in Melbourne. They have taken good care of me and my truck every time I go in.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback.
Was expecting a few more replies unless not many folks from this area on the board.
View Quote
If you are looking for input in general I will give you my two cents worth, but I'm not in the area of which you speak.

I'm an old guy and have had experience with more than a few dealers.  I will NEVER buy another Nissan because of the service department.  I will PROBABLY buy another Ford because of the service department.  My best friend drove Chevys all of his life until a really bad experience with the service department at the local Chevy dealer.  He has a few bucks and can drive any car he wants and he buys Fords because he likes the local service department.

We might just be lucky and have a great local Ford service department, but as a former aircraft mechanic I'm pretty picky.

I tend to keep my vehicles a long time.  I currently have a 2005 crown vic and a 2007 F250.

No, I don't own any Ford stock.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:13:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you are looking for input in general I will give you my two cents worth, but I'm not in the area of which you speak.

I'm an old guy and have had experience with more than a few dealers.  I will NEVER buy another Nissan because of the service department.  I will PROBABLY buy another Ford because of the service department.  My best friend drove Chevys all of his life until a really bad experience with the service department at the local Chevy dealer.  He has a few bucks and can drive any car he wants and he buys Fords because he likes the local service department.

We might just be lucky and have a great local Ford service department, but as a former aircraft mechanic I'm pretty picky.

I tend to keep my vehicles a long time.  I currently have a 2005 crown vic and a 2007 F250.

No, I don't own any Ford stock.
View Quote
It really depends on the area.  I ran into huge problems with my 2011 F-150 5.0 (it developed a light knock in the bottom end) and I had wildly different experiences at two different Ford dealerships with only 20 or so miles separating them.  Paradise Ford in Cocoa had an idiot engine tech who kept on trying to pin the noise down to something, anything, other than the actual bottom end of the motor.  I had done my research already and knew what the problem was, but he wasn't budging, and neither was the assistant or head manager of the service department.  Basically told me to pound sand and they weren't going to do shit about it.

I went down to Palm Bay Ford and while they had the truck for nearly a month trying to diagnose the issue, they finally tore the engine down and figured out I had two oblong cylinders.  I got a brand new short block installed under warranty without so much as having to lift a finger with Palm Bay.

It really just depends.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top