Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2017 8:26:59 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend a decent Central Florida lawyer that's into landlord/tenant law? I have some questions about being forced to move due to the sorry state of the house we're renting.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe an answer can be found in here...

http://evict.com/2016FLORIDASTATUTES.pdf
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can anyone recommend a decent Central Florida lawyer that's into landlord/tenant law? I have some questions about being forced to move due to the sorry state of the house we're renting.
View Quote

Depending on your income/location you can get allot of answers from your local Bar Association. They provide free legal service to the community and really, if you just have some general questions, they will be happy to help regardless of income.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have a lease, they can't force you to move unless it's being condemned.  Just how bad are you talking?

No lease, not even a lawyer can help you.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I read it as he wants to move, due to the sorry state of the house he is renting.

I had such an issue years ago. Toilets backing up all over the place. Plumbers come out and say they have been there - many times.... land lord wanted to keep calling them, week after week, month after month. The fix was a new system, not the 1960's system in the house....wife and I were tired of cleaning up the waste from the floors and yard.

Landlord wouldn't budge, so I invited the city inspector in for a look at the plumbing and the number of visits from the plumbers. Of course while the inspector was there, I may have accidentally showed him the landlords wiring of the electrical panel......

We moved and got our last/security back.
View Quote
Read it differently, but yeah.

If it's that shitty you have to move, you can lawyer up for breaking the lease and getting your deposits back, but thats pretty much it.  Getting the city inspector out can help.  They might condemn the place , no mo monies for the slumlord until they fix shit.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe an answer can be found in here...

http://evict.com/2016FLORIDASTATUTES.pdf
View Quote
Hiest and hiest and insert name(it's changed a bunch over the years)

They are the go to landlord tenant lawyers for 90+++% of multi housing communities. 
Now. How they handle renters I can not say.

I've been in the rental industry since 99'.
I can try and answer questions for you..free off course. So..dont expect much
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top