Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2017 11:39:59 PM EDT
What is the best supplier in the Tampa area for powder and primers?
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Harbor Reloading & Supply
2140 Sunnydale Blvd # H
Clearwater, FL 33765

If you have decent coupons or are desperate BPS also has powder and primers.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:29:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Harbor Reloading & Supply
2140 Sunnydale Blvd # H
Clearwater, FL 33765

If you have decent coupons or are desperate BPS also has powder and primers.
View Quote
I am actually just getting into reloading and going to buy a press tomorrow.  Going to start off loading Creedmoor for my bolt action and 6.8 for my AR.  I've never reloaded so it is going to be a learning experience and my heads already about to explode from all the reading and videos I've been watching.  Going to pick up the RCBS Eock Chucker Supreme and go from their.

Where is BPS and what coupons are you talking about?  Thank you in advance for he help.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:31:27 AM EDT
[#3]
BPS = Bass Pro Shops.  They're typically a little overpriced on some items, way overpriced on others, but in a pinch they're a place to get stuff you need.  If you have some gift cards or a BPS card with points you can use to buy stuff then they're a decent option.

Harbor is a great place to have.  I used to travel up that way weekly and don't anymore so I miss being able to shop there regularly, but I haven't been reloading much lately either with cheaper ammo prices.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link up with other reloaders in your area, Split a bulk order (split haz-mat fees and shipping) with someone from a place like Powder Valley and you will shoot more for what you spend. People say "you save money, no, you will still spend money, you just get more product for your cash outlay.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#5]
the reloading forum here on ARFCOM is great, a lot of info.
very helpful folks
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Link up with other reloaders in your area, Split a bulk order (split haz-mat fees and shipping) with someone from a place like Powder Valley and you will shoot more for what you spend. People say "you save money, no, you will still spend money, you just get more product for your cash outlay.
View Quote
Harbor's prices are cheap enough that splitting bulk orders isn't really necessary for savings, unless you're trying to squeeze out another dollar or two for each 1 lb keg or 1000k primers.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I appreciate all of the replies and information.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Harbor's prices are cheap enough that splitting bulk orders isn't really necessary for savings, unless you're trying to squeeze out another dollar or two for each 1 lb keg or 1000k primers.
View Quote
That's good to have locally. I don't mind supporting local business if the prices are reasonable. Paying $50-$55 per 1K for primers, no thanks.

Then again, I reload and shoot A LOT. I have a large supply of powder and primers, as so, I've had to store some in alternate locations to comply with the laws...
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's good to have locally. I don't mind supporting local business if the prices are reasonable. Paying $50-$55 per 1K for primers, no thanks.

Then again, I reload and shoot A LOT. I have a large supply of powder and primers, as so, I've had to store some in alternate locations to comply with the laws...
View Quote
I have plenty of storage at my house
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I am actually just getting into reloading and going to buy a press tomorrow.  Going to start off loading Creedmoor for my bolt action and 6.8 for my AR.  I've never reloaded so it is going to be a learning experience and my heads already about to explode from all the reading and videos I've been watching.  Going to pick up the RCBS Eock Chucker Supreme and go from their.

Where is BPS and what coupons are you talking about?  Thank you in advance for he help.
View Quote
I'll plus one on Harbor Reloading.  The guy is terse which can come across as an attitude, but he's good to go.  His shop is his baby.

Where in the area are you?
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
the reloading forum here on ARFCOM is great, a lot of info.
very helpful folks
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll plus one on Harbor Reloading.  The guy is terse which can come across as an attitude, but he's good to go.  His shop is his baby.

Where in the area are you?
View Quote
I live in Land O Lakes.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I’ve not found Harbor to be particularly cheap on anything but much better than BPS. His hours are weekdays till 6 which are inconvenient
for me. He is a character and very knowledgeable.

I’ve given up purchasing any reloading equipment or supplieslocally with the exception of lead shot. I usually buy my supplies once a year off the net. If there is a powder I just have to try I’m more than happy to givethe powder lady at the gun show the extra $7-$10 for the privilege.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm going to start off reloading 6.5 Creedmoor for my bolt gun and from what I've read. IMR 4350 works good with the Hornady 140 ELD bullets.  I have been shooting factory 147 ELD and it shoots sub MOA at 100 yards and will pick some of them up as well.  I'm hoping to buy everything by the end of May and go from there.

I shoot 6.8 as well so that would be next.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:38:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I live in Land O Lakes.
View Quote
I'm south of 54 in Lutz. Let me know if you need some help.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm going to start off reloading 6.5 Creedmoor for my bolt gun and from what I've read. IMR 4350 works good with the Hornady 140 ELD bullets.  I have been shooting factory 147 ELD and it shoots sub MOA at 100 yards and will pick some of them up as well.  I'm hoping to buy everything by the end of May and go from there.

I shoot 6.8 as well so that would be next.
View Quote
Most drool over H4350, good luck on finding H4350... I've not tried IMR 4350 yet.

For my 6.8 needs I've found AA2200 to be great with the 120 A-Max.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm south of 54 in Lutz. Let me know if you need some help.
View Quote
Hell, your right around the corner. I live off Collier Pkwy across from the Rec. center.  I appreciate the offer and just might take you up on the offer.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Most drool over H4350, good luck on finding H4350... I've not tried IMR 4350 yet.

For my 6.8 needs I've found AA2200 to be great with the 120 A-Max.
View Quote
AA2200 is what a lot of he guys on the other forum are using for 6.8.  I have about 600 rounds of 6.8 so I'm gonna hold off for now and start with the Creedmoor.  I need to come north and visit you soon though for a weekend of fun
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I found H4895 was good for both cartridges but have since switched to IMR 8208x for 6.5x47L, 6mmAR, Grendel.  I am a fan for both of these powders for the 6.8SPC and 6.5C.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I went by Harbor today and pick up a few items.  Cool place and it looks like it's been there for years.  Will definitely be going back!
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:55:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bob loves to talk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top