Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2017 10:55:59 AM EDT
Hey guys, I've started looking into gun safes and would like some input. My 2017 goal is to finally purchase a safe.
I live in a condo, ground floor, 2 bed/2 bath. I own it but, I may eventually move out and get something else so I need to make sure I can move it out.
I've looked at Gander Mt. they've got some good ones. Wondering if there are any other places ya'll would recommend?
My budget is tight too, about $800.00. I can pick it up with my truck and the help of several friends.

Any suggestions where else to look for a good quality gun safe?
I went to Costco yesterday, they had a Cannon executive safe for $499.00, 25 cubic Ft, no carpeting, no racking for firemarms. Really just a big steel box but $499.00 is a good price.
Has electronic lock, 60 minute fire protection, 4 locking bolts. 60h x 36w x 20d.

I keep searching Craigslist too no avail.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out CE Safes http://www.cesafes.com/

They have two locations, Pompano and Fort Myers
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:47:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I know people with the older Cannons from Costco.  They seem to be ok.  They ARE NOT high $ safes though & you know it. However they work fine for the condo type that doesn't live in a high crime area. Is where you live safe enough?  Someone really going to break in with all the other condos there?
And then spend the time to break into a safe? All questions you have to answer.
As above put it in a corner, bolt it to the floor & keep it out of sight.   Also DON'T move a safe into your unit with all eyes to see.  When I had to move mine I did it at 4am on a Sunday morning & quietly.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Aside from the safe get a alarm system. Simplisafe is a great dyi system. And put a sensor on the back of the safe in addition to sensors on your windows, doors and motion detectors. As stated your safe range is still able to be carried away
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top