Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2017 9:36:41 PM EDT
Florida Urgent Alert!  Open Carry & Court House Carry Bills Up in Senate Judiciary on Tuesday 3/7/2017 

DATE:March 4, 2017
TO:USF & NRA Members and Friends
 USF Executive Director
 NRA Past President

SB-646 and SB-616 by Sen. Greg Steube will both be heard by the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, March 7, 2017, between 4:00-6:00pm.

SB-646 Open Carrying   by Sen. Greg Steube removes the criminal penalties for violations of the open carry law and prohibits a person who has a concealed firearms license from being arrested and charged with a crime if their firearm becomes exposed to sight of another person.

SB-616 Courthouse Carry  by Sen. Greg Steube allows a concealed firearms licensee to temporarily store a firearm with courthouse security when entering a courthouse and provides for return upon departure.

Please EMAIL the following Senate members IMMEDIATELY and URGE them to SUPPORT SB-616 & SB-646

IN THE SUBJECT LINE PUT:  SUPPORT SB-646 & SB-616 in Senate Judiciary Committee

(To send your message to all just Block and Copy All email addresses into the "Send To" box)

[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]
[email protected],
[email protected]

These Senate Committee members need to hear from you.  Please email them IMMEDIATELY.

FOLLOW NRA-ILA

© 2016 National Rifle Association of America, Institute For Legislative Action. To contact NRA-ILA call 800-392-8683. Address: 11250 Waples Mill Road Fairfax, Virginia 22030.
Please do not reply to this email.
Unsubscribe from this email list | Manage your email preferences
Thank you!

As pointed out to me by another member SB 646 is NOT actually an open carry bill, but rather another temporary exposure bill that reduces the penalty for exposure to a 25 dollar fine which is why I edited the thread title to open "carrying".

Marion Hammer fooled me again.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I saw that email last night and thought "finally she's going to push for OC" then I saw it was a 'limited exposure' bill
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, I saw that email last night and thought "finally she's going to push for OC" then I saw it was a 'limited exposure' bill
View Quote

Another limited exposure law on top of the one we already have,  instead of open carry.

I honestly can't post here how angry and disgusted I am with her shell games anymore; but I believe that something is rotten in the State of Florida.

It's a damned circus.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:45:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure why anyone is surprised.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Marion P. Hammer and the NRA are fighting so hard for status quo, I surprised we aren't loosing ground.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I posted this in GD

Once more.... FL OPEN CARRY FIRE MISSION - MARCH 7, 2017

In the end, I am done. I lobbied all day today and got nowhere. Rene Garcia and Anitere Flores both stated they're against Open Carry and Campus Carry. Unless Senate President Negron steps in and places bills directly for Floor Vote, we'll be fucked in Committee. 

I'm too tired but I will explain tomorrow what happened.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#7]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xdGA4Cm670

Holy fucking shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top