BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2017 5:52:05 PM EDT
Florida Supreme Court upholds general open-carry ban

Supreme Court upholds ban on open-carry of guns

Florida Justices Refuse To Target Open Carry Ban

Justices uphold ban on openly carrying guns

Well it appears Floridians will not be getting open carry anytime soon. Between the Florida Republican party continuously blocking open carry bills in the House and Senate, the upcoming election for the governor which more than likely go Democrat, and now this..... we're fucked.

I'm worn out and tired of the lobbying and politicking I've done this year so far. I will give it my best this legislative session, but if nothing happens this year I am done with the Florida Republican party and will do everything in my power to change them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]
that is a shame

one thing I miss honestly

thanks for all the work you do
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Decision can be found here.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
The dissent is a good read, and lays the groundwork for an appeal to SCOTUS.  Of course SCOTUS will never take another 2A case in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#6]
No suprise at all.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Powerful, powerful argument for keeping women barefoot and in the kitchen, by God!

BS, you say.........B S I reply, think about it, they get the right to vote the Volstead act passes......gambling/cathouses and other traditional male oriented entertainment goes by the wayside......then there's the anti ccw/gc movement....again staffed by that gender.

In the KITCHEN is proper...........and if young and attractive nuff, then NO robes....'specially not black ones!
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Florida Urgent Alert!  Open Carry & Court House Carry Bills Up in Senate Judiciary on Tuesday 3/7/2017 
DATE:March 4, 2017
TO:USF & NRA Members and Friends
 USF Executive Director
 NRA Past President
 SB-646 and SB-616 by Sen. Greg Steube will both be heard by the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, March 7, 2017, between 4:00-6:00pm.

SB-646 Open Carrying
   by Sen. Greg Steube removes the criminal penalties for violations of the open carry law and prohibits a person who has a concealed firearms license from being arrested and charged with a crime if their firearm becomes exposed to sight of another person.

SB-616 Courthouse Carry
  by Sen. Greg Steube allows a concealed firearms licensee to temporarily store a firearm with courthouse security when entering a courthouse and provides for return upon departure.

Please EMAIL the following Senate members IMMEDIATELY and URGE them to SUPPORT SB-616 & SB-646

IN THE SUBJECT LINE PUT:  SUPPORT SB-646 & SB-616 in Senate Judiciary Committee

(To send your message to all just Block and Copy All email addresses into the "Send To" box)

[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]
[email protected],
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#9]
So this ^^^ is the NRA's efforts here? 
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I've already rallied folks for SB 646. I'm not even going to waste time on Court Carry. I have a meeting with Sen. Flores' Office on Tuesday and will be speaking in support of SB 646 at the committee meeting. 

But yes, this is what Marion Hammer is focusing on instead of SB 644 Openly Carrying a Handgun . Which is full legit open carry 
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've already rallied folks for SB 646. I'm not even going to waste time on Court Carry. I have a meeting with Sen. Flores' Office on Tuesday and will be speaking in support of SB 646 at the committee meeting. 

But yes, this is what Marion Hammer is focusing on instead of SB 644 Openly Carrying a Handgun . Which is full legit open carry 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tiffany never gave me an answer as to Flores voting yea in a procedural fashion only in the committee.  Then she can vote nea to her heart's content on the floor

Those two "R"s are the only thing holding it up.  We all know the floor would pass it.  And so does she
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top