Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2017 11:03:09 PM EDT
Repealing the Hughes Amendment and/or NFA would be a great start to increasing freedoms for all of us. Brand new machine guns would be excellent and repealing NFA would save me $500 per year and save everyone else $200 per nonsensically regulated item. Let's do this. NFA petition is over half way there and closes February 19,2017. If you ffacebook, please post these links and share to others.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-1986-hughes-amendment

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:51:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Done!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Done!
View Quote

NFA was at 55k and change when I first saw it a little while ago. Already over 57k now. Share that beast everywhere!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Do these petitions actually mean anything?  I know BHO said any that get enough people will be considered but did they really (I think the deport Bieber and send Piers Morgan back to Britain had tons of signatures and they're still here)?  I'd love to see the NFA restrictions and fees go away but just wonder if an online petition means anything to anyone in DC .  I'd suggest writing to your representatives.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do these petitions actually mean anything?  I know BHO said any that get enough people will be considered but did they really (I think the deport Bieber and send Piers Morgan back to Britain had tons of signatures and they're still here)?  I'd love to see the NFA restrictions and fees go away but just wonder if an online petition means anything to anyone in DC .  I'd suggest writing to your representatives.
View Quote

How it works and what happens is all here
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/about#step-by-step

Basically, 100k signatures requires someone of effect to review the matter and respond. This is the productive citizen's version of burning down our own neighborhoods, singling out innocent people to beat them up, and smashing the Police vehicles that our tax dollars pay for.  

"With We the People, you can easily create a petition online, share it, and collect signatures. If you gather 100,000 signature in 30 days, we’ll review your petition, make sure it gets in front of the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.

Petitioning has the potential to enact real change, but it’s also your fundamental right as an American citizen, and an opportunity to connect with a community of like-minded people who are invested in making a change. Ideally, running a petition on We the People is just the start of something bigger — a long-term, robust form of civic engagement. "
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Done.  How about a petition to remove suppressors from the NFA?  How about just repealing the whole stupid thing?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. But they make you feel good.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Done.  How about a petition to remove suppressors from the NFA?  How about just repealing the whole stupid thing?
View Quote

Research the "Hearing Protection Act".
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No. But they make you feel good.
View Quote

Well, to do nothing yields nothing. We have to start somewhere and this is one way to start without spending a fortune on it. If you have the money to support a hardcore competent lobbying effort, then by all means, get started. I would love to reap the benefits of it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Signed and shared on my social media feed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Almost 90k signatures on the NFA (still need about 10k) andMG ban repeal is dragging along at 14k (still needs about 86k). Keep pushing, we are almost there on the NFA repeal petition. Many thanks to all who are being a part of this effort.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#11]
NFA reached the number ,Hughes just over 16k
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
NFA reached the number ,Hughes just over 16k
View Quote

25K on the Hughes repeal. It is gaining steam, but there are only 7 days left. We have to push hard. NFA is still climbing at 122k signatures. That's a lot more extra support than I thought we would see. It is inspiring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top