Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2017 7:36:39 PM EDT
After almost 20 years as an RN at Shands, I got a crazy urge to do something different, so I left and became a travel nurse. My first assignment is in Tallahassee. I'm here until June working in the OR at Tallahassee Memorial. I'm staying in a small travel trailer here in town. I go home on most weekends to be with my wife and kids, but stay in town when I'm working. Basically, any guidance you have would be appreciated. Good places to eat, any good gun shops, anything to see or do while I'm here. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
After almost 20 years as an RN at Shands, I got a crazy urge to do something different, so I left and became a travel nurse. My first assignment is in Tallahassee. I'm here until June working in the OR at Tallahassee Memorial. I'm staying in a small travel trailer here in town. I go home on most weekends to be with my wife and kids, but stay in town when I'm working. Basically, any guidance you have would be appreciated. Good places to eat, any good gun shops, anything to see or do while I'm here. Thanks in advance.
View Quote
Welcome to Tallahassee....

I currently reside in town, shot me an IM and we can meet up.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell no, F the Gators

J/K

For food We have all the chains, local good eating would be The Wharf or Wahoos for seafood,  Maple Street Biscuit Company for breakfast, and 4 Rivers for awesome.  

Gun stores we have Bass Pro, Academy outdoors, Kevin's sporting goods, Red Hills Arms.  

I'm leaving a lot out. Feel free to IM me for anything specific.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget DHS Arms too for guns plus the pawn shops. 

Food wise we also have some good Cuban joints. Carlos' Cuban Grill and Havana Boardwalk.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:58:08 AM EDT
[#4]
There are some great restaurants around town. You will be much happier to stay away from chains for the most part.
For gun stores, I like to go to Kevin's to browse, but I wouldn't buy from ANY local gun stores since none have reasonable prices. Academy has decent ammo prices.
The Tallahassee indoor gun range is decent, and Talon range is great (but west of town near Midway). There's also a public outdoor range in the national forest, but it's an unsupervised "at your own risk" type of range.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Mission BBQ is on point, as well as 4 Rivers. If you want a little drive try Hamaknockers bbq in Crawfordville.
Tans on Capital Circle Northeast has the best Chinese,
They Flying Bear up Thomasville is a great all around American Bistro/bar food.
I have yet to find a buffet that I like though. I've been in Tally for 2 years (moved from NYC, I work as a Medic with Leon County EMS)
DSH and Red Hills are the two best gun shops in town (IMHO)
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Talon gun range
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Jonahs Fish & Grits in Thomasville is worth the drive...
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
G8gunner, that was you in the store today when I bought the 870s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top