Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2017 4:06:34 PM EDT
So what does a Coloradan need to know when visiting your fine state?

I have my Colorado concealed carry permit and in a couple weeks will visiting my daughter and her family in Savannah.  She mentioned we might hit the Jacksonville Zoo.

From what I've been able to find your laws don't seem much different than here.

Do signs have force of law? Is tge Jax Zoo gun friendly?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything you need to know is Here.

790.06 is most pertinent for you, scroll down to 12(a) for the list of prohibited places

Signs have no force of law, memorize the prohibited venues and don't worry about anywhere else.

Places like Disney can and will ask you to leave if they catch you carrying, and THAT has the force of law, any private property owner can ask you to leave and have you trespassed.

But there is no law prohibiting carry and you cannot be arrested for carrying if you have a valid permit. You can be arrested if you refuse to leave, or return.

But public property; if it's not a prohibited place, ( Sports events, federal buildings, courthouses, police stations, bars, airport terminals, government meetings, schools, and maybe a few that I don't remember off the top of my head), you can carry everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Municipal Zoo plus state preemption equals concealed carry is GTG.

http://pursuitofpatriotism.blogspot.com/2016/02/jacksonville-florida-zoo-win-for-second.html
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you guys. Just the information I was hoping to get.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#4]
You got good answers above so all I can add is, enjoy your stay in our state.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you Mudfoot. I'm looking forward to it.

I really appreciate the link to the state statutes PR361. Exactly what is was hoping to get. And organized in such a manner even a caveman can read and understand them. Some states, not so much.

And the link to the blog was perfect America-first! Thank you.

Colorado's laws are quite similar. Signs do not have the rule of law so you can ignore them. But you can be trespassed if found out and you don't leave when asked.

Can't carry in schools, courthouses, state capital - anyplace the state legislature is holding session, or past metal detectors wherever you might find them.

But you can carry in the unsecured areas of airports, churches, bars.

I don't really know about the pro sport areas as I live ~2.5 hrs from Denver and never go to the games.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#6]
The places like Disney, universal the Disney hotels,downtown Disney, Disney springs ect:
Can you lock the firearm in your vehicle?
What is a seaport in FL firearm law?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top