Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2017 9:11:19 AM EDT
Considering buying a home in Flagler Beach. Anything I should know about local gun laws including NFA?

I read through the link to Florida gun laws in another thread. Very good info. I am now aware that I may not discharge a machine gun in a stadium. Whoda thunk it!

So now I just need to know if there is anything onerous about Flagler Beach.

How about good places to shoot in the area?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Have lived there / Ormond Beach off and on for the better part of my 30 years being alive so I'll do as best as I can.

Its : cheaper, less crime, laid back atmosphere, beach is ok but further south is better. Fishing is good ocean and inland. Prices are more affordable.

Its a kind of run down beachy town on onside and then go inland and everything is basically brand new. Ormond and Daytona to your south and Palm Coast and St Augustine to your north.

Employment depending on what you do your probably going to be driving a little...

Ask more specific questions and we can give you a lot better answers. All in all its our plan to eventually move full time to this same area, just not in the cards right now. Also where are wanting to move from?

ETA not the best person to ask on the laws as I'm not a full time resident and I think some things have changed. There are a couple different shooting ranges and clubs in the area and 3 gun options and clay options from what I understand, someone that knows more then me will be around shortly to help.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Considering buying a home in Flagler Beach. Anything I should know about local gun laws including NFA?

I read through the link to Florida gun laws in another thread. Very good info. I am now aware that I may not discharge a machine gun in a stadium. Whoda thunk it!

So now I just need to know if there is anything onerous about Flagler Beach.

How about good places to shoot in the area?

Thank you!
View Quote

The state preempts all firearms law.  Local gov can not enact or enforce firearms law.  Do you currently live outside of Florida?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Florida native but moved away 25 years ago. Lots of family and friends in the area. Wife graduated from Father Lopez HS. I went to Oviedo High School. We both are UF grads. Retiring in the next couple years after 30 years of bullshit and want to find a piece of "old Florida" to enjoy. I grew up in the '70s and was lucky enough to have experienced a little of that that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top