Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2016 1:55:51 PM EDT
Rules are not too clear to me for the upper St Johns... Can you drive in the management area...at least on the canal access roads? Or are the closed to vehicle traffic?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Trying to figure out which campsites and dry hunting areas I can get to by vehicle...
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The vast majority of the WMA doesn't have roads into it; most of the access is on foot or by boat from the river.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Kind of hard to tell from satellite views but are there decent wooded areas to hunt deer and pig or is the vegetation all wrong? Im thinking of driving up on a whim to check it out but if it isn't worth it without a boat I want to go another route.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The best walk-in area is at the west end of Malabar Rd in Palm Bay; the next best is at the west end of Wickham Rd in Melbourne.

Either choice is a good walk.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my Jon boat running. so I might go check it out via the river. Any good places to put in and park for a few days?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my Jon boat running. so I might go check it out via the river. Any good places to put in and park for a few days?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#7]
You ever get to Jumper Creek?
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You ever get to Jumper Creek?
View Quote

Did jumper this season. It's nice. As I posted in another thread, had a problem with some locals who think their campground is their personal party spot. 10 or so would show up every weekend, not to hunt but to party. So they were hooping and hollaring fri and sat until late. Half were convicted felons, passing around a pipe, running airboats until all hours, poached a gator while I was there and then to top it off the homeless brother shows up who has set up his permanent living arrangements in management areas.

If they could have shown some courtesy to the people in the campground that wanted to get some sleep and get up early it would have been awesome.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#9]
And that sir, is why I hate hunting public lands in Florida. Sorry about your luck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And that sir, is why I hate hunting public lands in Florida. Sorry about your luck.
View Quote

Well I have to say, that whole Withalacoochee forest is the only area I've ever hunted in FL that seemed worthwhile. I am going to give Ocala a shot this week. And Appalachacola looks like it is a huge area to hunt but it is a hike.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top