Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2016 10:03:37 PM EDT
Shooting of an officer was just reported on the causeway. That is nuts, this doesn't happen here.

Trying to get more information from a deputy right now.

Eta: being told this was a drive by on a police vehicle on Periwinkle. Holy shit.

Eta 2. SPD was hit. Suspect is barricaded in somewhere and LCSO is bringing in SWAT.

Eta3 : suspect in custody.

Eta 4: three suspects in custody, one shot.

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#1]
news story says routine traffic stop

nuts
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Dammit...
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Shooter was a white guy. Must have been a grudge.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 8:56:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:30:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Suspect arrrested for shooting of officer in Sanibel

As you might imagine, I know him and his father (William Hay).  I was happy to see the POS was wounded in an exchange of gunfire.  I was saddened to see him appear okay while being booked this morning.  There are some personal grievances at play here, but that's about all I'll say on an open forum.  I hope to see an increased focus on firearms training and reactionary capability with the Sanibel PD.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#6]
CNN is implying now that this is one of 4 drive by police shootings in the US yesterday, the guy on now  is saying they must be connected. but no proof is offered. CCN is retarded  
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CNN is implying now that this is one of 4 drive by police shootings in the US yesterday, the guy on now  is saying they must be connected. but no proof is offered. CCN is retarded  
View Quote

Yes - yes they are.  

I actually drove right by the scene right before this happened.  I still had all my happy toys and armor in the van from the range trip on Friday.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Kinda sad to see that the perps were taken alive...
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I see cops sitting on the side of the road and they are staring at the computer.

Like, less awareness then I have at 7-11.

Have noticed it a lot.

That needs to change like yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I see cops sitting on the side of the road and they are staring at the computer.

Have noticed it a lot.

View Quote

I hadn't connected the dots but I wonder if that's why our office now has a room where the cops can fill out their reports instead of sitting in their cars.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I hadn't connected the dots but I wonder if that's why our office now has a room where the cops can fill out their reports instead of sitting in their cars.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have noticed it a lot.

I remember when the WAZE app came out, the cops were worried it would be used to pin point their positions.  I thought that was stupid a few yrs ago. Now, not so much.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#12]
A Nassau County Sheriff was killed when stuck by a motor vehicle while chasing an illegal immigrant. Happened yesterday in Yulee, single dad of a six year old girl. Terrible week for the police again.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A Nassau County Sheriff was killed when stuck by a motor vehicle while chasing an illegal immigrant. Happened yesterday in Yulee, single dad of a six year old girl. Terrible week for the police again.
View Quote

I read that this morning as well. At least it was a motor vehicle accident and not another shooting. Not a good situation obviously, but that could've happened anytime. These targeted incidents, however, are completely out of hand.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Kinda sad to see that the perps were taken alive...
View Quote

I agree

Link Posted: 11/23/2016 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Update about the Nassua perp.

El Salvadoran man who ran from feds, deputies deported twice before.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

El Salvadoran man who ran from feds, deputies deported twice before.
Go fucking figure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top