Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2016 7:51:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Read here.   Basically take a ccw class (unless your .mil or LE), fill out a form then go to regional office to submit....or you can mail in.

ETA:  Damn, Osprey is fast...
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Firearms safety certificate needs to show date, type of course, NRA (or Florida K license) Instructor Name, Number and signature to be acceptable. The GA license in itself is not proof of firearms proficiency.

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Firearms safety certificate needs to show date, type of course, NRA (or Florida K license) Instructor Name, Number and signature to be acceptable. The GA license in itself is not proof of firearms proficiency.

View Quote

Yeah, what he said. When I moved from IL, I just showed my IL certificate of completion, signed by my NRA instructor, with a copy of his certificate and no issues from there.

Granted, class requirements and costs were significantly different here than in IL ($200/16hr class, + $200 government charge), so I wasn't too worried about taking another class here to get it...

Seth
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Will my current Georgia permit cover the ccw class require?
View Quote

NO. Since Ga does not have a training requirement (also why many states will not recognize GA's CCW).   I moved from GA to FL last year, so I just went through this.  FL will accept an Honorable DD214 or Hunters Safety Card as proof of training.  If you don't have one of those, you can take a class at many ranges.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:28:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Super easy.

I went to the local tax collectors office - paid the "convenience fee" on top of the regular costs and was out of there in < 30 minutes. My permit arrived in just over 3 weeks. IMO, it's worth it to do in the office because of faster processing time.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Super easy.

I went to the local tax collectors office - paid the "convenience fee" on top of the regular costs and was out of there in < 30 minutes. My permit arrived in just over 3 weeks. IMO, it's worth it to do in the office because of faster processing time.

Cheers!
-JC
View Quote

Congrats
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top