Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2016 12:47:56 PM EDT
Just saw some "ghost gun" bullshit on the local news, here in Florida.

"Law enforcement are concerned about military style weapons, that people can make in their garage...And, the worst part...These guns have NO SERIAL NUMBER"

Oh, the horror. :-/

Won't gain any traction here, like it did in California... But the anti-gunners never quit.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#1]
http://wiod.iheart.com/articles/wiodam-local-news-122821/weapons-with-no-serial-numbers-manufactured-15295137/

What a load of shit.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
FYI Not to hijack the thread there is a piece on Channel 9 in Orlando on black market guns
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
What a crock of shit.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I see it as liberals yelling at clouds. As someone here already pointed out we are in a good position to make in-roads back to our rights (sad that has to be the case, I know). Let's keep the pressure on them
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

FYI Not to hijack the thread there is a piece on Channel 9 in Orlando on black market guns
View Quote
I noticed that!  They interviewed Holly Hill po po.  Holly Hill!  Scary story with no real point.  9 has taken a noticeably left turn of late.

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 1:37:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Where do I get some?
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#7]
WWWAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Law enforcement concerned? I guess I missed the memo...
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
^^^ LOL ^^^
View Quote

Always had a feeling they were hiding shit from me at work... now I know.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
^^^ LOL ^^^

Admit it, you're on here to find out more about us and our ghost guns.  

I knew my tinfoil hat would come in handy
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#12]
In an investigation, how would a "ghost gun" be any harder to track than a stolen gun.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In an investigation, how would a "ghost gun" be any harder to track than a stolen gun.
View Quote

In my experience most people  that have guns stolen don't have the serial numbers, making them just as hard to track as a "ghost gun."
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In my experience most people  that have guns stolen don't have the serial numbers, making them just as hard to track as a "ghost gun."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are screwed if they get mine. I have an Excel spreadsheet with all my weapons, accessories, cost to build and serial numbers. Word of advice, don't let your wife ever see it (it was ugly)

It will help you know what to insure your guns for so you don't lose your azz if a theft occurs.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 1:06:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They are screwed if they get mine. I have an Excel spreadsheet with all my weapons, accessories, cost to build and serial numbers. Word of advice, don't let your wife ever see it (it was ugly)

It will help you know what to insure your guns for so you don't lose your azz if a theft occurs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, have it backed up on google spreadsheet so it's web based and also on the sheets app on my phone.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 8:47:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.  I have a copy saved on a thumb drive at work and a copy emailed to my gmail account so it's remotely accessible.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 2:09:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

The lack of a victim to tie it back to?

I've personally recovered an unmarked AR that was used in a shooting. The shooters were complete ignorant dumbasses, and I guarantee they didn't make it themselves. I have my doubts that they would have even known it was unmarked. So where did it come from? Stolen from a citizen worried about confiscation, bought online, or something indicative of a widespread trend of illegal home manufacturing? There's basically no way to tell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top