Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/21/2016 10:38:40 PM EDT
Since the last thread was archieved I thought I'd start a new one. Hopefully these are new :)

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:43:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll call this installment:

"Stuff you can find in the woods"

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Out on Little Lake Spivey at sunset.

In "The Gallery" portion of the cave at Ginnie Springs, after entering through Devil's Ear.

Part of the funeral procession for Captain Phil Royal, Citrus County Sheriff's Office (Ret), EOW 18 JUL 2016

Sunset in The Villages

After-dinner shot of North Redington Beach

Stopping in for some cave diving!

Paradise Springs

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:08:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I love this state!
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:54:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Silver River. The 4.5 Mi long outfall of the largest producing artesien spring complex in the world. It's 19 springs produce an amazing 500 million gallons a day. One of our favorite boating destinations.
IMG_3727 by L J, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool pics
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:32:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How big was that moccasin you're holding?
Story on the last two pics?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That's actually my coworker, can't remember the exact measurement, it was a few years ago, but I remember it was over 6'. He got the company record for length, but I own it for girth Maybe I can dig up some photos of my fat boy.

Found some bones in the swamp, which is not unusual, but I knew right away these were not animal. It was in a wooded parcel (now developed) very close to Mall of Millenia in Orlando. By the size of the femur, I could tell it was a male, over 6' tall. Figured it was a homeless person, there were remnants of a few old camps in there, likely hit and run because I found a mangled bike a few feet away. He probably stumbled his way back and never made it out. He was a few hundred feet from the road. I called it in and led the responding officer through some pretty nasty stuff...it was the wet season. Officer was not happy about getting his feet wet, or the possibility of running into a snake. (He followed me a little too close, had to warn him about being in the way of my backswing with the machete. ). He confirmed the human nature of the remains and high-tailed it out of there and waited for crime lab. It was near where a high-profile missing person was last seen, but after crime lab confirmed the male ID, the info was logged and investigation was over. I guess if you're not an attractive young lady, the priority drops a few degrees. Not that there was much to investigate, though, by the looks of the bones, he had been there quite some time.

Back to some Florida pics!

Surveying the littoral zone to determine state vs. private ownership line a few winters ago. We had high temps in the 40's on this day:

I'll try get off my lazy butt and upload some of my better scenic shots some day soon, but I'm gonna have to fire up the old desktop for that.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:03:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#13]
As a land surveyor myself, I must say, often we go where we normally would choose not to go.
No matter the location, I try to enjoy the experience in this great state.

As a native, my favorite area of FL is the Florida Pine Flatwoods. Just beautiful and full of surprises!

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Wasn't that long ago I was up in miserable Minnesota, feeling insanely jealous of all the people posting "Florida Pics"...

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#16]
where is that cave located?

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 4:02:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Florida Caverns State Park in Marianna.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

where is that cave located?

Florida Caverns State Park in Marianna.

Here is a favorite one I took in there, this one is for the Clintons.

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#19]
This photo was taken in Socrum Florida. Circa 1946. A small community just north of Lakeland. In that picture is my mother, Grandmother and Grandfather ( also my Grandmother's 7 siblings and spouses), Great Grandparents and Great Great Grandparents. Actually, it is my step great great grandmother. My Great Great Grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee. She died at an early age. My Great Grandfather is 5th from the right in the back row. His Cherokee heritage is evident in his dark complextion and cheekbones.

I have only recently been aware of this picture and it is the most complete group picture I have ever seen of these generations. Being soon after the War many moved across the country soon thereafter. I was amazed at how beautiful some of my aunts were, having only seen them 25 or 30 years later. These people lived such a simple life, and have left behind so much to be proud of.

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Back row, far right... is that Sheriff Taylor?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Grilling in November while wearing shorts and t-shirt.

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Shit you not - first thing I thought  

Second thing was two of them appear to be GIs.

Cool pic thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Love telling my pals back in Minnesota October and November is when you can start giving your AC a break and finally open windows down here
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#25]
up in Big Gum Swamp,  Osceola NF
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This photo was taken in Socrum Florida. Circa 1946. A small community just north of Lakeland. In that picture is my mother, Grandmother and Grandfather ( also my Grandmother's 7 siblings and spouses), Great Grandparents and Great Great Grandparents. Actually, it is my step great great grandmother. My Great Great Grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee. She died at an early age. My Great Grandfather is 5th from the right in the back row. His Cherokee heritage is evident in his dark complextion and cheekbones.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/jjrockbush/Cheatwood%20clan_zps4w0mszbk.jpg

I have only recently been aware of this picture and it is the most complete group picture I have ever seen of these generations. Being soon after the War many moved across the country soon thereafter. I was amazed at how beautiful some of my aunts were, having only seen them 25 or 30 years later. These people lived such a simple life, and have left behind so much to be proud of.

View Quote

Was your GG known by the nickname of "Carburator" & did he hunt in the Ocala??              Fella I knew for many years there drove a green truck just as you picture and he also claimed the NA heritage.....photo is a remarkable resembelance??
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Was your GG known by the nickname of "Carburator" & did he hunt in the Ocala??              Fella I knew for many years there drove a green truck just as you picture and he also claimed the NA heritage.....photo is a remarkable resembelance??
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/jjrockbush/Cheatwood%20clan_zps4w0mszbk.jpg

Negative.

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 1:31:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
I saw that pic posted on the KAHS facebook page a while back.  Do you know Larry Prine? I haven't seen him in a couple years.  I was going to ask him next time if he related to those Prines in the pic.  I know Larry is from Socrum area.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 7:59:39 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I saw that pic posted on the KAHS facebook page a while back.  Do you know Larry Prine? I haven't seen him in a couple years.  I was going to ask him next time if he related to those Prines in the pic.  I know Larry is from Socrum area.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If he is from Socrum, then yes, he is related. I am a 3 generation KHS grad.

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#31]
" />

" />

" />
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyway to search for the other Florida pics threads? Lived here my whole life and would love to see the old ones
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Anyway to search for the other Florida pics threads? Lived here my whole life and would love to see the old ones
View Quote

This is the 3rd one. Links to the first two are in the fist post.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_10/579988_Florida_Pics_part_III.html

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:01:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Ft. Jefferson, Dry Tortugas National Park
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Great Pics--really enjoyed it
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Neptune Beach sunrise. Still some damage from Matthew.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Autumn in the middle.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Year round riding weather

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File

Posted this one up before - but it is one of my favorites.

Red
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Lake Louisa SP campfire.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#48]
At the 14th hole this past Saturday. lol
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I live in north-west Lakeland in the Socrum area. There is a lot of history out here. Thank you for posting that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top