Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2016 4:29:38 PM EDT
I'm trying to find info on the three Fla Supreme court justice on the ballot this year. I just got my sample ballot in today

I cannot find very much info on there stance on the 2nd admendment on line. With the exception of quotes. I wish to make an informed vote on these judges this time.

What is your guys opinion of

Justices

Charles T. Canady

Jorge Labarga

Ricky L. Polston

Also if anyone has in any opinions on these district court of appeal judges I'd like to here them also

John Badalamenti

Marva L. Crenshaw
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Canady and Polston have a pretty good track record. Labarga not so much.

FWIW there has never been a Justice not retained as best I recall.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Well it never hurts to try does it. At least this time I'm not justbgoing to check off yes to all of them
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

There has not. A good concerted effort was made at it last time I believe.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
When there is a Republican governor I always vote no. It can be hard to tell if they are good or bad and I'd rather kick them all out and have the governor appoint new ones.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I take it a step further and vote no each and every time for each and every judge - unless my research shows a "positive" impact they have made.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When there is a Republican governor I always vote no. It can be hard to tell if they are good or bad and I'd rather kick them all out and have the governor appoint new ones.

I take it a step further and vote no each and every time for each and every judge - unless my research shows a "positive" impact they have made.

I do that for most judges unless I have specific recommendations from someone I trust. So usual it's no.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1 on Canady and Polston. Both excellent.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Labarga is certainly not on our side.  He doesn't like the peasants to exercise their right to open carry.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/fl-supreme-court-open-carry-20160608-story.html
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#9]
For the hive in the following counties:

Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands, Hillsborough, Lee, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Sarasota (Judicial Circuits: 6th, 10th, 12th, 13th and 20th)

On the ballot, the following 3 Florida Supreme Court Justices are clearly supporters of the 2A:

Hon. Charles T Canady, a truly brilliant judge
Hon. Ricky L. Polston
Hon. Jorge Labarga

Vote "YES" for their retention.

Also vote "YES" to retain ALL Judges in the SECOND DISTRICT COURT OF APPEAL . While no Second Amendment info is available on them individually, they are collectively a fairly conservative bench whose decisions appear to support the 2A.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top