Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2016 3:11:14 PM EDT
So Ive been working on getting a job down there with you guys... aaand it worked.... too well...

I start in 2 weeks and I have nothing planned as far as a place to live The good news it looks like I'll have the month of October to move the family down, but Ill have to be at work on the 17th...

Where is a good place to look to rent? Ill be working at the Space Center

Thinking Titusville/Port St John/Vero/Coco etc... would like to avoid creepy areas obviously, Im bringing a wife, MIL and 2 kids.

Regale me with info potential neighbors!
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So Ive been working on getting a job down there with you guys... aaand it worked.... too well...

I start in 2 weeks and I have nothing planned as far as a place to live The good news it looks like I'll have the month of October to move the family down, but Ill have to be at work on the 17th...

Where is a good place to look to rent? Ill be working at the Space Center

Thinking Titusville/Port St John/Vero/Coco etc... would like to avoid creepy areas obviously, Im bringing a wife, MIL and 2 kids.

Regale me with info potential neighbors!
View Quote

With which company and what type of job?
My 2 cents.
Titusville has a diverse selection of places. Best to scope out the area before renting.
Port St John will probably be your cheapest without having to live in a run down area.
Did you mean Viera instead of Vero? If so Viera is the up and coming place and the most expensive and congested.
Cocoa will be similar to Titusville.
How much are you looking to spend on rent per month?
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]
They sinking too?  Bring a snorkel!  

Welcome and good luck!

I looked at houses in vero beach, it's a pretty boring place, I wouldn't want to live there.  It is nice though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 6:01:44 AM EDT
[#3]
If you did mean Vero that would be one long commute each day.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#4]

I'll be with system high doing security stuff.

Wife wants to work in Melbourne so we are looking hard at Rockledge area. I'd like to spend no more than $1300/Mo catch is it needs to fit 5 people

Link Posted: 10/1/2016 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Rockledge may be pushing it with that budget and the size needed.  Titusville/Port St. John may be a better bet.  Rockledge is a nice area though.  Some parts of Cocoa can be iffy, but there are some OK parts.  

See if you can find anything in Cape Canaveral.  It's a lot smaller of a town, but it's closer.  If you need help with any small stuff, let me know, I live in the area and work at CCAFS.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#6]
i would find a realtor if you are looking for a home rental. I was put in a bad position 6 years ago (long story) and had to find a home in a week. Found a realtor and had a lease signed in 3 days and still living in the same rental home.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i would find a realtor if you are looking for a home rental. I was put in a bad position 6 years ago (long story) and had to find a home in a week. Found a realtor and had a lease signed in 3 days and still living in the same rental home.
View Quote

+1 on the realtor....
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Lotsa places to rent in Port St. John that might fit your needs, but a good realtor is your best bet.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Rockledge may be pushing it with that budget and the size needed.  Titusville/Port St. John may be a better bet.  Rockledge is a nice area though.  Some parts of Cocoa can be iffy, but there are some OK parts.  

See if you can find anything in Cape Canaveral.  It's a lot smaller of a town, but it's closer.  If you need help with any small stuff, let me know, I live in the area and work at CCAFS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sooooo looks like we're gonna be site bros! I'll be at CCAFS, either me or the recruiter got their wires crossed, just put in my visit form

Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 on the realtor....

realtor squared away... she's gonna face time us some houses tomorrow... sounds like most people will evac on thursday.

I should be there just in time to say "wow what happened here "
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I should be there just in time to say "wow what happened here "
View Quote

Hell, you may even get a house real cheap if that storm is a direct hit.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Viera just built some nice apartments to rent. The housing here is exploding. Lots of engineer types working on the Cape lI've in my neighborhood. HOAs everywhere though.

My wife and kids LOVE it here, schools are A+ and tons of parks and kid centric things to do. Woodford is cheap, milk isn't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top