Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2016 7:14:43 AM EDT
The FL Supreme Court still hasn't released a ruling on OC. Also if you listened to the hearing.... we sounded like we were getting screwed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Gottta ok everything with the Kissimmee Rat first.
Cant scare the Tourists.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:01:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I had forgotten about this, thanks for the reminder.

I think it's taking so long because they have to construe or twist some backwards thought process of "logic", or cite some completely unrelated case law in order to sink this. There's simply no reason whatsoever to deny a constitutional right to bear arms openly, without a permit.

If they rule against it, I foresee OC protests to pickup in frequency. Which is going to be much more of a thorn in the side of the state and it's tourism industry, than just legalizing it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#3]
They're probably awaiting final instructions from the theme parks on how to screw us over.

I've got no expectation of our rights being recognized as they are in so many other states.

The theme parks are the only factor settings apart from the other states.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had forgotten about this, thanks for the reminder.

I think it's taking so long because they have to construe or twist some backwards thought process of "logic", or cite some completely unrelated case law in order to sink this. There's simply no reason whatsoever to deny a constitutional right to bear arms openly, without a permit.

If they rule against it, I foresee OC protests to pickup in frequency. Which is going to be much more of a thorn in the side of the state and it's tourism industry, than just legalizing it.
View Quote

Yep.  Nobody wants to be the one to do the right thing.  The SCoFL wants the Legislature to own it.  It'll happen eventually, one way or another.

The OC movement in... Illinois?  was advised correctly that it takes about 10 years to accomplish.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#5]
that would be great

I lived in MO before moving here recently and I used to open carry many times - even to the Walmart in my Town and never had any problems.
Nor did anybody ever freak out and call the Police

I hope this will pass

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They're probably awaiting final instructions from the theme parks on how to screw us over.

I've got no expectation of our rights being recognized as they are in so many other states.

The theme parks are the only factor settings apart from the other states.
View Quote

sad but true.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a cousin that was chief justice on the FLSC  some years back.  I think he was the last rational person sitting on the bench.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I had a cousin that was chief justice on the FLSC  some years back.  I think he was the last rational person sitting on the bench.
View Quote
So do you have any connection to find out what the ruling will be?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top