Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2016 2:51:59 PM EDT
Hello from GA. I'll be going to PCB for the first time ever next weekend. I've fished a ton of salt water, but I'm either in the Melbourne Beach/Sebastian area, or the Keys. So I have the knowledge and tackle, I just need to know where to go. Snook, trout, and reds are my main game.

How is the beach fishing in PCB? What can I expect to catch? I'm hoping for pompano on the beach. I'm assuming there are plenty sand fleas up that way, or use cut clams. I heard you can catch reds sometimes on the beach.

What places are around to go. I heard there was a park with a jetty somewhere. I'd love to find a park opposite the beach that would hold reds and trout and just to fish inshore. Hell, I'm thinking about not even taking my surf stuff and just taking my 7' inshore set up.
Are there a bunch of sharks? I'd love to catch one from the beach.

So where are the best places to go, and any regional tips for catching?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't fish, but this might help.

Stop by Half Hitch Tackle on Thomas Drive.  Look around and see what they have to say.

http://www.halfhitch.com/
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to St. Andrews Jetty. It's In the State Park. Great fishing off the jetty. Spanish mackerel off gotcha plugs, Trout and redfish on shrimp and lady fish to keep you occupied. About 300 yards down on the bay side of the jetty is some decent fishing too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go to St. Andrews Jetty. It's In the State Park. Great fishing off the jetty. Spanish mackerel off gotcha plugs, Trout and redfish on shrimp and lady fish to keep you occupied. About 300 yards down on the bay side of the jetty is some decent fishing too.
View Quote

This. Near the pass is where you want to be.   As the above poster also stated, swing by Half Hitch and ask the people what the latest reports are. The staff there are very friendly and will give you the best advice on what's biting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top