Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2016 9:02:39 AM EDT
Trying my best to land a job in the area to facilitate a move... have a possible job in Cape Canaveral... We anticipate renting a house while we get a feel for the area, and then buying a house.

Looking at houses in the 1000-1400 sq ft range. Can anyone give me an idea on utility bills through the year?

My elec bill in NOVA is $150-200/mo, water $100 and gas $20-80.

Can anyone give me some info on reasonable expectations?

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:14:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Wherever you move, MAKE SURE it is powered through FPL and not the city utilities! I dont live on the Space coast, but i have lived in the next county south (The Treasure Coast) my entire life. FPL is always cheaper. i was paying approx $800-$1200/month through Ft Pierce Utilities. I now live in a slightly larger house, and my FPL bill averages $200/month
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wherever you move, MAKE SURE it is powered through FPL and not the city utilities! I dont live on the Space coast, but i have lived in the next county south (The Treasure Coast) my entire life. FPL is always cheaper. i was paying approx $800-$1200/month through Ft Pierce Utilities. I now live in a slightly larger house, and my FPL bill averages $200/month
View Quote

800-1200 a month?!?!? is that water, gas and elec totaled together???
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope. thats water and electric.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Trying my best to land a job in the area to facilitate a move... have a possible job in Cape Canaveral... We anticipate renting a house while we get a feel for the area, and then buying a house.

Looking at houses in the 1000-1400 sq ft range. Can anyone give me an idea on utility bills through the year?

My elec bill in NOVA is $150-200/mo, water $100 and gas $20-80.

Can anyone give me some info on reasonable expectations?

Thanks!!
View Quote

I live alone in a 1150 sf all electric (no gas) home.

My FPL is on budget billing which means they average out my annual usage over 12 month so there is very little up and down.  I pay 160 dollars for electricity.
I have city water and sewer and it runs about 70 bucks.

I'm sure it would be higher if there were more people living here.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#5]
FPL Power for me runs about $80 in the summer, 30-40 winter. Water about $20/month.

1200 sq.ft under air, septic system
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I live in Sat Beach, and my house is 1,700 under air,  AC is pretty old and run the pool pump a few hours everyday.  Through FPL my power is 300 a month and water is about 80.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Gas is a rarity in FL, and your electric bill will be dependent on how efficient your a/c and water heater are. If you think 75 in the house is hot, better plan on a decent electric bill.

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of these posts have me really appreciating TECO.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 12:14:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FPL Power for me runs about $80 in the summer, 30-40 winter. Water about $20/month.

View Quote

I don't  understand why your electric bill is so inexpensive.  I am in Lake  Mary and have FPL with an almost exact same size home, and my bill is about $140/month on average.  Do you keep your thermostat on 82 during he summer and 60 during the winter or something?   I would LOVE to have an electric bill so low.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm on the space coast.

About 2500sqft, with a pool pump that runs 24/7, and pay a max of 230ish in the summer with the AC at 72, and 130ish in the winter. Through FPL.

No complaints here.

ETA: Age of house and AC unit / appliances / pool pump type if any play a big role in electricity costs here. My last house was ~1500sqft and cost almost 280 a month for electricity with the AC @ 75. Also, changing to a newer variable speed pool pump that runs 24/7 and not 6 to 8 hours a day saved me about $30 / mo.

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't  understand why your electric bill is so inexpensive.  I am in Lake  Mary and have FPL with an almost exact same size home, and my bill is about $140/month on average.  Do you keep your thermostat on 82 during he summer and 60 during the winter or something?   I would LOVE to have an electric bill so low.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My house is very well insulated and has no leaks. My AC unit was replaced a few years back with a higher efficiency model; I don't wash clothes daily; I have a high efficiency water heater; I keep the thermostat on 85 when I am not home, 79 when I am.

Winter time, I don't run my AC at all as long as the outside temps stay around 80 or lower. I have yet to run the unit in heat mode as I also have a fireplace.

Most importantly, I'm single and don't have to listen to anyone bitch about being cold or hot.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 1:42:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I live in the Space Coast area and have FPL.  1400(ish) SF townhouse with the thermostat set to 70* year round and my bill is usually a little over $200 in the summer and a little below $150 in the winter.  Water is usually $65-$70 through the city.  

ETA:  No gas hookup, BTW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top