Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2016 1:13:01 PM EDT

Looking pretty active so far. Hoping for some tropical depressions to fill up everything but no hurricanes.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://images.intellicast.com/WxImages/SatelliteLoop/hiatlsat_None_anim.gif

Looking pretty active so far. Hoping for some tropical depressions to fill up everything but no hurricanes.
View Quote

Curse you, I'm in construction and trying to get exterior work completed.....
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully we get a few big storms this year. I need the overtime.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:51:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You guys are killing me.  The more we get the more my schedule backs up.  As it is now I have two small projects that the rain every afternoon has put me behind by about a week already.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Last thing we need are more damn releases of water from lake O
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

this.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 6:28:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Please....spare me the drama.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like it's going to give Mexico a badly needed bath.  I hope we stay on the hurricane-free winning streak we've been enjoying the last few years.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know where you guys live that you are getting rain.  I had the hottest July on record.  I had the second driest July on record.  If we don't get some tropical moisture soon, we are going to see a repeat of the fires of 1998.  

Sorry you guys that work outside, but I don't want to see houses burn to the slab again.  I got evacuated at 0330 with a big orange ball of fire viable from my driveway.  I no longer complain about some rain.

I do empathize with you and am willing to compromise.  Just give me a few normal summer thunderstorms and I will be happy as long as the lightning does not start a fire.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't know where you guys live that you are getting rain.  I had the hottest July on record.  I had the second driest July on record.  If we don't get some tropical moisture soon, we are going to see a repeat of the fires of 1998.  

Sorry you guys that work outside, but I don't want to see houses burn to the slab again.  I got evacuated at 0330 with a big orange ball of fire viable from my driveway.  I no longer complain about some rain.

I do empathize with you and am willing to compromise.  Just give me a few normal summer thunderstorms and I will be happy as long as the lightning does not start a fire.
View Quote

Where are you located?  I'm in SW area, Naples-Fort Myers
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Central Florida east.  Volusia and Flagler County.  Drive east on I4 until it stops.  The sea breeze has been our enemy.  No moisture east of I 95
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Central Florida east.  Volusia and Flagler County.  Drive east on I4 until it stops.  The sea breeze has been our enemy.  No moisture east of I 95

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bull. It rained in port orange the other day...lol

And in Ormond the other..past two days. It's damn near monsooned at my house. But I live west of 95.....by the river.

But yeah. It's been dry ....compared to seasons past.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And in Ormond the other..past two days. It's damn near monsooned at my house. But I live west of 95.....by the river.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny thing that I 95 is almost like a invisible line for the rain.  I sit and watch it on radar and it just approaches from the west and stops.

Moot point now, I got lots of rain yesterday.  Thank you God.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#13]
its a comming
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
its a comming
View Quote

Yep - looks like this weekend might be fun for South Florida.  Nothing worth getting excited about.  I'm sure it will just be a rainy and windy weekend.  It's the price we pay for living in paradise!
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i live right by you, dry as a camel fart here.  fern guys been irrigating pretty heavily.  must have been a fire in the forest right near here, saw a few forestry fire trucks this evening
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:25:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Do me a favor.....go buy some Tito's or Makers 46 and watch it rain.....
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Do me a favor.....go buy some Tito's or Makers 46 and watch it rain.....
View Quote

Hey Jrockbush,

Can you tell us about your truck in your avatar?  Good looking truck!

Red

ps sorry for the thread hijack lol
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Snore...........
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#20]
TD 9  Here it comes. Up in N FL last week it was wet, now wetter.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:13:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Gulf water temps are conductive to further strengthening. Hope it doesn't blow too hard wherever it crosses the big sand bar.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:48:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I am needing a new roof as it is and can not even get any one to come give estimate. If this storm hits I am screwed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top