Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2016 7:41:45 PM EDT
I'll be invading the state at the end of this week, anything neat to see around Disney that's related to firearms?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Spikes Tactical is not that far away, Core 15 is a bit of a drive.

this place opened but hear its expensive.

machinegun America

if taking kids, or for a laugh this also opened.

zombie outbreak
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spikes Tactical is not that far away, Core 15 is a bit of a drive.

this place opened but hear its expensive.

machinegun America

if taking kids, or for a laugh this also opened.

zombie outbreak
View Quote

The Zombie outbreak looks pretty good!  Next time I'm in Whorelando I'll have to check it out.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have not been but planning to go next time up that way as well.

KAC Knights is also on the way down, guess it depends if you drive or fly.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
No the mouse controls all in Orlando they are not really any good restraunts
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really? None? Zero?

OP; My standard cut n paste reply for gun tourists...

Depends on what your definition of "nearby" and how much time you have to spend.

Nearby as in " you can pop in for 30 minutes on your way to Disney", probably only the Bass Pro in International Drive.

If you have a day free, or at least an afternoon;

Spikes Tactical is 40 minutes up the road in Apopka,

Next up, Gander Mountain in Lake Mary, visible from I-4, lots of high priced guns and equipment, and a fancy range. They bill themselves as Florida's largest gun shop.

If you make it up I-4 to Deland Airport, you can visit a full on manufacturing plant, where they actually CNC their own lowers and uppers and more at

Tactical Machining

While in Deland, visit AAA Gun & Pawn, plan on at least an hour to make one complete lap around the perimeter, without penetrating the interior. Floor to ceiling( and the ceiling covered), stacked 20 deep in every corner, of every imaginable firearm, FALs and ARs to Mausers & Nagants, muskets and Cowboy rifles, and probably the largest collection of 1911's I have ever seen in one place. Thousands of guns.All for sale.

Several other nice shops that I can't remember the names of in the Deland Orange City area on 17-92, Just start at Tactical Machining and head south. Also a retail reloading shop, Young Enterprises in Orange City.

And if you make it that far, you can head on over to The Florida Gun Exchange in Daytona.

Or, from Deland, if you like historical, old time gun shops, head over to Mt. Dora to A.W. Petersons Gun Shop, the original Shop was in Cody Wyoming, if I recall, and the proprietor, A.W. Peterson,
built rifles for many famous western characters.  The Baker family bought it lock, stock, and barrel and relocated it to Mt Dora. Many of the original gunsmithing tools and original rifles are on display in a small portion of the shop that is a museum.

Or you could just say Screw Disney, and make it a Gun tourist vacation!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:41:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey now, we have a few, but they are far between...and way overpriced.

You need to get out of the Disney area to get a decent meal. Most people that visit think that Disney is the center of it all. It's actually on the outskirts, and most of us unfortunate enough to live here stay away from the area like the plague.

Anything within 20 miles of either Disney or Universal/Sea World/I-Drive area is just going to be crap tourist food, with some fancy decorations.

You could hit the Mills Rd (north of SR 50) area for some good restaurants at not-crazy prices. College Park has a few good ones, but priced a little higher. Even downtown has some good food (Citrus is great), but be prepared to open your wallet.

But I digress, back to the topic of guns. You're pretty well covered with the advice above. AAA pawn was like candyland last time I was in there, I literally had to leave my wallet in the car. I could easily put myself in inescapable debt at that place.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#8]
The Gander in Lake Mary has a virtual range that is about as much fun that you can have with your clothes on....

LOL

Red
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top