Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2016 12:52:46 PM EDT
I’ve only been a Florida resident for a year and did not know about the Gaetz political dynasty until now.  A couple of things bother me:
1.He seems to be a chicken-hawk. Willing to fight Muslim terrorists to the last drop of your family’s blood, but not have any of his family’s skin in the game.
2.He said “While I planned to continue serving in the Florida Legislature…”. So he wants to be a 1/2 time US Senator and a ½ time state senator and draw full paychecks from both jobs?
3. I hate political dynasties.  I don't care if they are Bush, Clinton or Gaetz.
Please school me.  Am I out in left field on this?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I think he's been good on gun issues and supports OC...but don't know much more about him.  Typically our states more conservative representatives come from the panhandle (he's around Ft Walton Beach).
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#3]
He's always used the controversy tactic, and looks like he's just stepping it up to ride the Trump train. I'll keep my eye on him and Mark Wichern and we'll see where that goes.... Can't say I'll miss Jeff Miller
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
They are locals here in Okaloosa County, and seem to have a lot of support here.
To be honest, they are not really much of a topic in the news here, but then again, there isn't much local news coverage other than news papers. All the major news channels here are out of Mobile and Panama City, and neither concerns themselves with either local issues or pols.
Hell, we neve hear much about Jeff Miller either, and that's the seat Gaetz is running for.
And he isn't planning on keeping his state seat, as there are already 6 different people running for the republican nomination in Nov.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top